XX. I missed you

"I missed you"

Finally, the words have been said out loud. He felt all the courage within him ignite for this very moment. Jihyo remains unmoving, only looking straight at him with her innocent eyes. That encouraged Suga to continue, and while holding her hand, he started...

"I mean it, I missed you. We've been very busy, we hardly talk."

He kept his eyes on their hands, a bit intimidated to see her expression.

"I thought you decided to stop messaging me when I received no response from you."

"...at one point, I even thought that my phone is probably broken, but no"

"...I was kinda sad at that time, worried too"

"...what if I've done something wrong I'm not aware of"

"...or maybe---"

"Maybe you're worrying too much"

She cuts him off.

"Oppa, this is the first time I saw you like this."

....

"I can't help it, if it's about you, Jihyo... I'm always on the edge."

"Why?"

Right! Why??? He thought.

"I'll be honest with you..."

"...I'm not sure why either."

.....

The door opened and a nurse entered Jihyo's room. She stood still from where she's standing the moment she saw two figures inside. She didn't expect someone to be there except for the patient since it is already past the visiting hours and to top it all, it is BTS' Suga.

Suga come to her aid with careful steps. He closed the door behind her and urged her to be quiet. They talk for a while in quiet voices. Jihyo can't hear them but she's sure he's asking her to keep his visit a secret. The nurse attended to Jihyo after their short conversation with a wide grin on her face. After taking notes of her status...

"Don't worry Jihyo-ssi... I'm also Once 😉"

Somehow she felt relieved. The nurse heads out and closed the door; reminding Suga as well that the patient needs a lot of rest. Of course, it's a subtle way of saying he needs to leave now and allows the patient to sleep.

-----

The next day... Jihyo's parents arranged her papers so she can be discharged. The doctor said she had regained enough strength after an overnight rest but still needs to take more rest from her activities. She can't be actively doing her schedules yet like they usually do. As prescribed by her doctor, she needs at least a week's rest. Maybe 1 or 2 light projects will be okay but she needs to sleep before 11 pm until her prescription lasts.

On the same prestige awards night that BTS is attending, Twice was also invited to come and unfortunately, Jihyo has to skip her attendance. JYPE had enough bashing from her fans when they learned that the cause of her weak health is due to overwork. When the clock strikes at seven in the evening, Jihyo waited with her phone in hand for the girls' call. She asked them to keep her informed about the gathering despite watching it live on television. To be honest, she's just jealous. She wants to be there too when Twice is being recognized by a lot of people. Too bad, she couldn't be there right now.

Yg: Jihyo, are you watching? You need to see this.

Yoongi video called her when Twice was summoned on stage to receive their award. Nayeon did her part of their greeting and Jeongyeon did the speech on her behalf. She thanked their staff, PDs, families, Twice members and their beloved fans; Once. Lastly...

And of course... to our leader; Jihyo who should be doing the speech right now. Without your great leadership, we will not be the Twice that people love. All the members are glued together because of your guidance. We love you and we miss you here on stage.

Get well soon unnie!

Chaeng added and soon followed by all members while making big hearts on top of their heads before finally leaving the stage. Jihyo can't help but cry with her members' thoughtfulness. She's got the best support system she can ever have.

Jh: Thank you.

Yg: How was it?

Jh: Lovely, I really appreciate it.

Yg: You are so loved Jihyo.

Jh: I know, and I'm so thankful as well 😊

Yg: Can someone add to the list?

......

Jh: Who?

Yg:...

Yg: It's a secret.

😱🙈🙉🙊

She didn't have anything to say after that he's not expecting her to give an answer either. It was an undelivered confession on Yoongi's part...

It's not yet time...

Yeah, our boy has sorted out his feelings on the night he visited Jihyo in the hospital. It just hit him without notice. It happens so fast, he has no ability to control it. He can't stir his feelings away from her or slow it down either. He realized there's no way out.

A confession...

It should be his next action plan.

~~