Bandit

"Well Dom, it looks like you have a grade 3 hamstring strain. By the way you stumbled in here, I would have thought you broke your femur." I chuckled as I took my hand off of Dominic's thigh.

"Well, I know I can count on you and Doc to fix me. Besides, how long will I have to be off the field?" His gaze met mine. I knew he would be out of training for sometime, considering it was grade 3.

"It could range from a few weeks to months. It's pretty severe since it's not grade 2. The contusion almost wraps around your whole back thigh too." I grabbed his thigh softly trying to not inflict pain, "Seems like you've had this for a day or two, the colour is much darker. You haven't let this sit around before addressing it, have you?" I eyed him. His physical expression was relaxed, but his eyes looked antsy as if he were trying to find the right things to say.

"I, uh, didn't really think it would get like this." Dominic sighed and looked down. I put my hands in my pockets. Gustave wasn't in our shared medical office today because he was teaching, something about new recruits. For now, I had to deal with everyone that came around the clinic.

"Dom, when was the last time you were on a mission?" I asked fetching my clipboard.

"Two weeks ago." Dominic groaned and gripped his thigh.

"On a scale of one to ten, how's your pain?" I looked up from the papers.

"Ten if you touch it. Six at most." He continued to rub his thigh.

"Dominic, wo steckst du denn!" Marius' faint voice was approaching from the hall. I looked up to Dominic, who had visible distress.

"Anything else you're hiding?" I shook my head. Marius jogged the hall looking through every window he passed. It didn't take too long for him to approach the infirmary. Marius threw open the door panting, trying to build a sentence. "Calm yourself, what's going on?" I rubbed Marius' back.

"I.. I'm.. (Y/n)-"

"Du kannst es ihr nicht sagen!" Dominic hissed at Marius. Marius in turn looked back shocked.

        "You're starting to look pretty pale. Listen if it's something embarrassing, as your medic, you have to tell me regardless." I stood up and crossed my arms.

        "Okay." Dominic rubbed his eyebrows, "I over lifted weights the other day." Marius chuckled at his answer.

        "What's so funny? Is there more to the story?" I looked at Marius.

        "Well, Dom wanted to impress you with his strength and tried to dead lift three hundred." Marius said purposefully fast.

        "You bastard! I told you not to say anything; I literally payed you!" Dominic shouted.

At this point I felt pretty out of the blue. With Dom and Marius' growing tension, I laughed. Dominic eyed me in embarrassment.

"Ok Junge, I promise to not let any of this leave the room." I mimicked his language, "But, why were you trying to impress me? That still leaves me clueless."

"Okay, I uh.." Dominic looked down at his hands, "Like you, (Y/n)."

"That's.. interesting." I coughed to avoid the rooms cringing tension. Marius eyed both of us, slowly left the room and shut the door. I sighed and looked down, "I truly hate to admit it Dom, but I could say the same. Although, you know we can't have anything other than a strictly professional relationship."

       "I say fuck that, (Y/n). You said this doesn't leave the room, who are we to tell anyone?" Dominic smirked.

        I rubbed my hands as I thought. What happens if word gets out? Both of us would be let go. "I don't know.." I sighed.

        "How about we make a deal: I take you out on a date and then we'll see how you feel. Deal?" Dominic stood up in front of me.

        "Alright. A date it is then." I smiled as Dominic cheered.

        "Nice job, Dominic!" Marius peered back in the room and quickly left. Dominic groaned and stumbled to run after him.

        "Hey," I quickly made it to the hall, "I'll send you my consolation fee!"