Vigil

Solitary.

        This was his whole life. Watch over Grace, fellow operators, and do his  given missions. Maybe that would still be his method if it weren't for a new recruit. Vigil watched (Y/n) anytime he could. He found a new obsession with her, yet was just too afraid to approach her.

        You see: Vigil was very quiet, while you were spontaneous and excited to know your new comrades. He had seen (Y/n) chat with Grace multiple times and it seemed as though they were getting to know each other well.

        "Why are you so scared to just talk to her, Chul?" Grace peered over her tablet as she tapped away like she was is her own world. "You know, she may just like you." Grace snickered.

        "Shut up." I huffed examining my weaponry in means to pass time.

        "I mean I'm just saying, baegchi (idiot). Who knows for sure if you just try to at least greet her as a new member. (Y/n) seems to fit in just fine here, Chul. Become her friend." Grace deadpanned, eyes glued to her tablet. I sighed and looked down at my feet, what was wrong with me? I can't be nervous to approach a girl, that's ridiculous.

        I hate to admit it, Grace may just be right. I don't enjoy being wrong. Grace hummed as if she read my mind, only for silence to follow soon after.

        I sighed, "All right, you win." I turned around to face her. Placing her tablet down, she stood up smiling. She made her way to my taller form and held my hand, where was I being dragged too? Maybe this was a bad idea.

        "Where are you taking me?" I breathed through my mask in anticipation.

        "You are going to introduce yourself to (Y/n)." Grace laughed as she picked up her pace. Oh brother, this was going to be terrible. Eventually, we made it to her dorm. Grace reached to knock, but the door swung open revealing (Y/n) with fellow operators. (Y/n) had jumped a little in surprise.

        "Oh Grace! I was just about to ring you over here. We're having a little get together, come on in! You too Vigil." Her addressing my operator name made me feel out of the blue, I hadn't even realized she practically tugged me inside.

        In her dorm held six of my fellow teammates: Dominic, Meghan, Craig, Timur, Emmanuelle, and Taina. They were all chatting while playing poker. Dominic was not someone to compete against in a game for poker, but this was only fun in games. Luckily no one really looks at me with a sore eye, everyone is understanding.

        I couldn't help but feel an outcast, even if the whole room was a safe environment.

        "Come play poker with us Chul." Meghan smiled at me from the table. For once in my life, I felt anxious as my legs wearily made their way to the table.

        "It's okay, Chul. There's no strings attached, all for fun. You know how to play don't you?" (Y/n) asked.

        I nodded in response. 'Great, just when this can go from bad to worse.'

        Hours had gone on for poker, originally I thought this was going to be a terrible idea, but I suppose I let loose some. Grace actually ended up beating Dominic in poker, his reaction was priceless. I assume Grace just studied the way he plays and did the same to him. Through the night though, playing with or against (Y/n) made me happy. I really do like her, but just too scared to say something. It's hard enough with limited communication.

        Everyone parted their ways around 12:45 A.M. The walk back to my dorm with Grace was almost unbearable. She was giggling and texting on her phone as I kept my arms crossed.

        "Grace, what is that you keep laughing about?" I asked irritated.

        "Oh, you'll see." Grace shot me a devious look, "I have to meet up with Emma, I'll catch you back at the dorm. Okay?" She asked as if in a rush.

        "Yeah, remember you have training in the morning." I huffed and turned on my heel. Grace was nearly the only person I had for 'emotional support', even if I protected her day-to-day. In a sense I did feel kind of angry or jealous she left me so quick.

        I brushed it off and walked into my dorm turning on the ceiling light. My hand almost reached my face to pull off my mask until I noticed someone in the corner of my eye. I turned on my heel to face the intruder. To my demise that intruder was (Y/n). What is she doing here?

        "W-Woah, let's not get hostile now. Heh." She laughed nervously with her hands up. "Uh, Grace asked me to come meet up with you."

        My eyes fell to the floor, I knew Grace would do something to fuck me over. I was pissed and scared all in the wrong place. "Unfortunately Grace went somewhere with Emma." I wanted to turn my back away from this embarrassment. Oh if she had camera's somewhere I will lose my fucking mind.

        "Oh well, she asked me to talk to you. I understand how distant you are, but can we put differences aside and still be friends?" She took a step closer, sending anxiety down my spine.

        "Of course, (Y/n)." My voice came off weak.

        "You sure? You don't sound like you want to be friends, Chul. It's okay I understan-"

        "No, it's not that (Y/n). It's just something else." I sighed.

        "Then what is it? What's wrong?" She reached her hand out to my forearm. Now this really scared me. I didn't want to mess this up. "Do you not like me?"

        My head filled with thoughts until I ultimately blurted, "I do you like you, a lot."

        "What do you mean 'a lot'?" (Y/n) gripped my forearm with reassurance.

        "God dammit (Y/n), I love you." I grabbed her hand and lightly squeezed it waiting for an answer.

        "Heh, I knew you did." (Y/n) grinned as she wrapped her hands around my neck. "For some closure, Grace set it up, I'm sorry" She laughed and hugged me. Carelessly I hugged her back my hands traveling around her waist.

        "Thank you."

Rainbow Six Siege Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें