Rook

dink      dink

       The tiny pebbles hit his bedroom window, making Julien stir slightly in his sleep. Julien assumed he dreamed the noises and didn't bother getting out of his cocoon of blankets. He closed his eyes again, ready to fall back asleep until;

dink dink dink

       Julien shot up from his bed, his blood ran cold, thinking that some being or entity was knocking on his window. That is until he saw a small pebble hit his window. He sighed, "Well at least they aren't big rocks."

       Forcing himself to get up from the warmth of his bed, he walked to his window and opened the latch.

       "Whoever is throwing stupid rocks at my window, roll over and die!" Julien shouted and then reached to close his window, but stopped when he heard someone's plea.

       "Wait, wait! Julien, I'm sorry to wake you up like this, but you weren't answering my calls or texts." The person said. Julien squinted to see in the dark and realized it was (Y/n). He felt his mood sour because he remembered he set his phone on do not disturb since he had a bad day at work. He did it to try and ignore everyone, without realizing it would prevent his girlfriend from contacting him.

       "Oh, uhm, that would be my fault. I'm sorry, I put my phone on do not disturb to try and find some peace. I forgot you were going to call me today." Julian said. He leaned on his window sill, feeling the guilt quickly eating away at him. What if something bad would have happened and he would have simply ignored it on accident?

       "So, you gonna let me in or am I gonna keep standing outside?" (Y/n) chuckled.

       "Oh! I'll get the front door for you." Julien said. He closed his window and quickly ran downstairs to open the front door.

       When he did you were already standing there.

       "Your new house looks good. Just a little empty." (Y/n) said. When (Y/n) walked inside, she walked forward slightly, gazing at the unsettling emptiness. Julien followed her gaze, realizing his house is mostly full of boxes he hadn't bothered to unpack just yet. He chuckled and rubbed his forearm.

       "So.." (Y/n) panned, "how was work for you today?" She gave him a smile that made him feel warm inside and his stomach full of butterflies.

       "You know, it really wasn't great today." Julien responded truthfully. Usually he would give a vague response or his usual 'it was good.'

       (Y/n) raised her eyebrow. He knew she would give him a look or any kind of look. "Well I had a feeling you didn't have a good day, after telling me to 'roll over and die' thing. Sorry again, it was my last ditch effort to get to you besides breaking and entering." She looked at the floor, not really sure of what else to say.

       "If I knew who it was I probably wouldn't have said that. I'm sorry too and I forgive you. Hope you forgive me after saying that." Julien frowned. 

       "It's okay, Julien, it was funny if anything. You want to talk about it?" (Y/n) said. Her voice was soft and caring.

       "I mean if you want to hear about it, yeah I can tell you. Follow me, I don't want to stand around honestly." Julien said. (Y/n) chuckled responding with 'you read my mind.'

       After awhile of Julien complaining about the people that annoyed him and everything that went wrong, he felt a little better, but he felt even better with (Y/n) being there. Every time he talked about something that made his blood boil, she was always there, running her hands through his soft blond hair and laughing at his witty jokes.

       Her beautiful (e/c) orbs and (h/c). Her small laugh just made him feel so much lighter than he really was. (Y/n) running her nails through his hair and scratching his scalp made him feel a different type of tranquility. 

       He started to notice how tired she looked. He didn't even realize the dark circles that were already under her eyes. Her head slightly bobbing, clearly trying to stay awake for him as long as she can. Julien felt like he was disconnected almost, like he hadn't cared for his girlfriend as much as she had cared for him.

       "Hey (Y/n), have you been sleeping alright?" Julien finally said.

       (Y/n)'s head jolted up, she looked almost flustered and upset. She sat up from her position and sighed. 

       "Julien, I know this is an awful time.. for the both of us.." (Y/n) paused. She looked like she was thinking about what to say. This pause made Julien stop, was she about to.. break up with him?

       "Julien, I.. think I'm gonna lose my apartment. I didn't want to tell you, but my parents said they couldn't help me out because they're in a financial rut too. And- and you just moved into this nice house and I didn't want to make you feel like I was leeching off of you in someway. I'm just afraid to lose everything I have and stuff." (Y/n) sighed. Julien sat up too, shocked by this newfound information.

       "Then move in with me." Julien grabbed her hands and rubbed them. "I know that you of all people are never going to 'leech off me,' just move in with me. I'm lonely here without you. And I don't want you going through all that."

       He kept trying to soothe her when he noticed she started to tear up. Through her tears, she kept thanking Julien and even kissed him multiple times. Julien smiled and wiped away her tears.

       "I don't know how I could repay you though." (Y/n) said.

       "By living with me." Julien laughed.

       "Oh shut up, I'll pay you back somehow, I promise." (Y/n) playfully hit him.

       "I can tell you've been losing sleep over this. Just let me take of you." Julien said.

       (Y/n) smiled and tackled him into a hug just laughing and kissing him. "I seriously have the best boyfriend though." (Y/n) giggled. "Do you like dogs? We should get a cute puppy or rescue dog or something so neither of us are lonely when the other is away." (Y/n) said.

       "I'd love that." Julien said. He could feel his exhaustion creeping over him again. He yawned, feeling (Y/n) place her head on his chest. He could even feel the smile on her face.

       "And I love you."