Lion

"Okay Oliver, I'm ready to leave." I said wearily.

Oliver looked down at me from my position on the couch, smirking. I rolled my eyes at his behavior, only for him to extend his hand out to me. Gracious, I took it, but nearly tripping on my own foot. How was that even possible?

"You had enough to drink for this new year or what, my love?" Oliver stifled a laugh, failing to do so.

When I finally got up on both my feet, I could only roll my eyes yet again.

"You said you were designated driver from the start," I poked my finger on his chest, "Sooooo, I drank till I felt good." I grinned. Oh yeah, I'm gonna regret this in the morning. Totally worth it though.

He could only continue to laugh at my slow and slurred words.

But no matter what, he made sure they left safe with no more trips or slips. Of course without saying goodbye for the both of them to the remaining operators at the house party. Oliver could only look down at his lover with a smile on his face. Even in such a drunken state, he could always feel butterflies in his stomach just looking at her.

"Why are you staring at me? Like something?" My words slurred together. The idea of my words connecting together made me laugh, only for him to laugh right back at me.

"Just enjoying the sight of the beautiful partner I get to spend the rest of my life with." Oliver said. He smiled and ran his head through my hair, giving it a kiss. "But I gotta get you home, so lets get going." He giggled.

I could feel his hand leave my head and reach down to my lower back for support. We only took a few more steps out the front door before I saw it. I put my legs into a full break, forcing him to whip his head back to look at me.

"What? What's wrong?" Oliver said. He moved from my side to the front of me, quickly examining me for anything serious. I could only let out a chuckle. I gingerly grabbed his hands with mine, rubbing my thumbs over his rough knuckles.

"Babe, look up." I said. He furrowed his brows, but looked up slowly and cautiously. Only for his serious expression soften to when he fully looks up. I could stand there and watch his eyes refract the porch light all night. The beautiful yellow glow from the lighting on his face and the light bulbs shape refracting itself on his iris. He smiled and looked back down at me.

"You really didn't notice the mistletoe when we first got here?" He joked. I, drunkenly, laughed immediately. He moved his hands up towards my upper arms, rubbing them up and down gingerly. "Okay okay, you want another new years kiss?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Absolutely." I said. That was his perfect queue to lean down and kiss me.

No matter how many times he kisses me, it always gives me the same fireworks and bubbly feeling, almost always making me smile in the kiss. He pulled back and grinned, now bringing his hands up from my arms to my face. He softly rubbed his thumbs across my cheeks and giving me another kiss on the forehead.

"I love you, (Y/n)." He said.

"And I love you, Oliver." I said.