Jäger

Marius, who is hiding in a locker room, is having yet another bad day. Every little thing just continues to pile on to the breakdown that is begging to happen, but he has to hold it in. Or else you know, his friends and the world might view him as weak.

       I hate that word. Weak. Anyone can be weak, and I bet you that someone like Alexsandr has moments like these too. Marius thought to himself. He didn't want to be viewed as a weaker individual by his peers, but some days just get the best of him.

       It probably didn't help that his only hiding spot was the inside of his locker. But, the good news is that he should be able to be home soon, right? At least he hoped so, because it had been awhile since he first ran in here. His watch said it was nearly eight in the afternoon, meaning he could go to his quarters by now. Marius almost didn't want to go, because he had invited someone over to his place after his shift.

       "(Y/n)'s gonna be mad at me if I'm not there. Guess I should go now." Marius said to no one in particular. He sighed before pushing open his locker, at least no one was in here to see him.

       The walk to his dorm wasn't anything special. Just a few fellow operators saying hello to him as he walked by. Nothing new to him at least, but what he saw before reaching his dorm was (Y/n) sitting against his door with her usual duffel bag. (Y/n) wasn't even on her phone. Just staring at her knees tucked into her chest.

       She's staying over for the weekend.

       "O-Oh hey. Have you been waiting here?" Marius cursed himself for stuttering.

       "Yeah, but I wasn't here long. It's okay." (Y/n) said. She began to push herself up, but Marius was there to give her his hand. (Y/n) mumbled a thanks before taking it though. 

       She stood by him as he fidgeted with his keys to open the door. He felt like he regretted asking (Y/n) to stay over for the weekend because of his mentality right now. 

       When they got inside, (Y/n) couldn't keep her eyes off him. She knew he acts different from most people, but that wouldn't mean she would love him any less. The only way to get him to say his feelings was to be soft, it always worked out. One way or another.

       "So, how was your day?" (Y/n) asked.

       Marius didn't say anything at first. He just watched her settle in her stuff for a few seconds before making eye contact.

       "Uh, it was okay." Marius replied. He sounded a bit nervous. (Y/n) didn't believe him for a second. She sent him a raised eyebrow and then crossed her arms.

       "Well, it doesn't sound like it was 'okay.' Was Dominic bothering you again? Because if he was, I'm not afraid to step in you know." (Y/n) said. She was pretty confident in what she meant. No one was going to mess with her Marius for being a little different.

       "N-No no no.. that's okay. I'm, okay." Marius forced a laugh. He liked that (Y/n) was protective over him, but it wasn't Dominic this time. Today he just felt as though, nothing was going right or that he just couldn't do anything correctly. Constantly feeling like a disappointment and worthless, but (Y/n) always said he was more than that. Marius was like a diamond to her, and she would protect him at all costs.

       "Another one of those days?" She asked. (Y/n) had gotten closer to him, trying to read what was on his face at the moment. It was hard to get his attention in such isolated states like this. Marius was only looking at the floor, before he looked back at her he spoke;

       "I'm.. fucking tired. I'm just fucking done." Marius spoke. His words shook because he was anxious and upset. His eyes watered with tears threatening to fall.

       "Everything will be okay when I'm here, okay? Come here." She enveloped him into a soft hug. Her face resting in his chest, hearing his heartbeat and chest rise and fall. She could feel her shoulder becoming wet with anguish, but she would never protest. His grip became a little tighter on her back, like he didn't know if he was really holding her or not. Marius just couldn't take this weakness feeling anymore.

       After some time embracing each other, he pulled back with red puffy eyes. (Y/n) wiped away his tears and tried to help stop the crying. There was this moment between them where they felt so intimate. Marius always dreamed of someone caring about him the way (Y/n) does, so dreams must really do come true?

       (Y/n) was like a motherly figure, but would shower him in kisses in private and then be the first person by his side in public. No one would hurt Marius' feelings, and (Y/n) was sure of it. If anyone had a problem, they would have to go through (Y/n) first, and she doesn't back down without a fight.

       Marius let out a laugh, imagining (Y/n) beating up his childhood bullies and then picking him up from the ground like some hero. The hero he always dreamed of as a kid.

       "You okay?" (Y/n) broke the silence. She caressed the sides of his face helping him relax.

       "Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't want you seeing me like that." Marius said.

       "What are you apologizing for? For being human?" She let out a small laugh. "If anything, it reminds me of who you are. I would be more concerned if you never showed emotions to me." She laughed again.

       "Thank you, (Y/n). I'm glad you came over." Marius said. He was smiling and feeling really upbeat suddenly.

       "Of course I would come over. Do you want to cuddle on the couch to a movie?" (Y/n) said. Marius didn't say it, but his face said yes. She giggled and gingerly pulled him to his living room.

       Dreams do come true.