Kapkan

My phone phone buzzed in my pocket. I was hesitant to look at it at first, still shocked by Maxim's sudden thanks. Until my phone buzzed again.

        Pulling the phone from my pocket, there were two texts from Timur. The first one reading; "What did you do?" and the second, "Maxim is acting happier suddenly." My heart skipped a beat. 

        I could feel the frown forming, and soon the quivering.

        'So, Maxim wasn't happy? Why couldn't you have explained anything to me?' I texted back. Timur read it immediately. Timur would start typing and then stop a few times.

        'I didn't know if it was my place.' He texted back. That's it? That's all he had to say? Frustrated, I turned my phone off not even bothering to respond.

        I sighed and let my head fall to my hands. I still haven't figured out a single clue to what's going on and to make things worse, Timur is more vague than before. So much for being a helpful friend. 

        The TV wasn't proving the right background noise to lose myself in, but I could still hear the shower running. My phone buzzed again and again, I groaned knowing it's Timur, but this time he was calling.

        "Hello?" I said nonchalant. 

        "Did Maxim not tell you?" Timur suddenly said. I rolled my eyes.

        "No, obviously fucking not. I don't know what's going on and I want to know, but you're not being helpful to me at all!" I said. He audibly sighed.

        "Look, when it reaches a certain time of year, Maxim falls into this old stupor. Around four years ago some really bad shit went down shortly before you joined. It involved Maxim. The only people that know about it is Alexsandr, Shuhrat, and I. I know you two are married, but I just assumed he hadn't told you anything about it." Timur said. I stayed quiet for a moment to listen for the shower.

        It had stopped. I looked back to my phone, silently cursing.

        "(Y/n), you there?" Timur asked.

        "Uh, yeah. Yeah. Thank you again, but I have to go. I'll call you later, bye-bye." I said, but I mostly watched the bedroom door that was closed.

        I sighed, "Will he ever tell me?" I thought.

ok hi lol

uhh so like slay im in the military now (dead ass) this was a draft from 2021 and I have another from last feb should I finish the kapkan cliffhanger?? 🫥 my book still gets mad attention and I love all y'all for it so should I probably come back...? yeeeees? Hua to a new year and such ❤️