Jackal

Sleep. This was something never easily obtained between the two. The now retired Ryad had never struggled so hard to not wake someone that is asleep before.

The view of his fiance's sleeping figure, (Y/n), made him feel at bliss. If he never met her, Ryad could only assume he would be with team Rainbow in a never ending nightmare to regain closure. When he was still in team Rainbow, every passing day made him feel more emotionally burdened than the last. That was until Gustave introduced a new infirmary medic and therapist to the team. Not once had he regretted visiting her when he truly needed to vent.

(Y/n) too had many sleepless nights, and wasn't torn up about it. Her job was to constantly be in watchful care for each of us, emotionally and physically. Although she had an easier job compared to the operators, she still found sleep to be troublesome. Even as a young adult, a few hours a night was enough energy for her since she was so accustomed to it. I never met someone so compassionate and caring for us killing machines. I still can hear Gustave hounding her for being too accumulated in work and how it was unhealthy.

It wasn't hard for me to fall for (Y/n). She was the only one I trusted, besides Elena, with my problems. Even seeing me cry. The both of them truly gave me hope that I would move on from the past.

With each and every visit I gave her, whether it was 2 A.M. or 10 P.M., (Y/n) was all ears for me. It dawned on me that I couldn't help but, love her. To a great discovery she felt emotionally connected too. With this we retired for a much more normal life. I wanted something more than going on assigned missions, never knowing if it could even be your last. These thoughts plagued me, urging me to quit.

"Ryad, I'm sure your brother wouldn't want you to be so hung up on his death. I just know he would want you to be something and go places in your life. He wanted to raise you because he loved you unconditionally, I think that's enough to live your life for both you and him."

(Y/n)'s words always replayed in my mind as if it was the first time hearing it. I smiled adjusting my arms around her waist. I stay alive to protect those I love. I felt her hand move to my forearms as I closed my eyes;

       "Sleep well, Ryad."

lol first story sucks kek