Mute

"I can't say it." He said.

"Well, why not?!" James shouted, clearly defeated.

The three men stood around Mark, visibly exasperated. They were holding a sort of "ultimatum" to the young man, not necessarily for a bad reason, but to open his oblivious eyes. That or his ignorant ones.

"We will never get through to him this way." Mike spoke up. He surrendered on a lounge chair with his arms tightly crossed.

Mark huffed and replicated Mike's stature. "Why do you fucks even care?! It's my life!" He shouted, pointing at his chest. James rolled his eyes, letting out an obnoxious groan. Seamus simply observing, opting to stay quiet for now.

"Lad, are you choosing to be this ignorant? She loves you and you have too much pride to even admit that you feel the same?" James said. The men couldn't even believe this was happening.

"Yeh and?!" Mark shouted back.

"This is unbelievable," Finally, Seamus broke, "I don't have words." He huffed.

All this because Mark couldn't even admit his true feelings.

Just moments ago they helped (Y/n) plan a Valentine's Day confession to the man, only for Mark to not say a word. He looked her in her eyes and walked away. Not even Mike could have predicted such a childish action from him.

And it wasn't like Mark didn't have feelings towards (Y/n), he certainly did. Having gone out of his way to be near her as much as possible everyday, the men witnessing the "mute" converse with her more than he ever had in his entire career.

Mark continued to sit silent on the couch, unbothered by the three men hounding him.

"How old are you?" Seamus spoke.

Curiously, Mark looked up at him and furrowed his brows, "What?" he said.

"How old are you." Seamus repeated, but slower this time.

"I hardly see how that matters." Mark argued. He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, so ya twelve?" Mike butted in, shaking his head.

Mark shot the man a glare. He looked around the room, scanning all the men. He didn't understand why this was even happening, why it mattered. He sighed, knowing he wont get out of this easily. Silent treatment doesn't exactly work against three brooding men, no less his own coworkers.

"I don't have to take this shit." He argued standing up.

"Ah, so ye run like yer twelve too?" Seamus gave a hearty laugh. Mike only muttered something about being too old for this, while James' sat fuming.

Mark clenched his fists. Feeling his short nails dig into the his palms. This is stupid, he thought. He turned his back to them and began to walk away.

"When you're ready to talk like a man, come find me!" James shouted to him.

Mark continued to speed walk to his dorm, holding back his anger and hot tears brimming at his eyes. They just didn't understand, and they never will. But he knew he had to retreat before he did something that would get him in trouble, or worse, body slammed by Seamus. The thought made him shudder involuntarily.

I'm sorry

It was the only thing bouncing around in his head. His own apology, (Y/n) wouldn't even hear. Not yet at least.

hiiii im sorry to leave on a cliffhanger again (and an out of season plot line) im trying something new right now to maybe get engagement back? after this oneshot i'll stop the 2 part stuffs but im trying to return back to this book. It's been a month and some change since last update cause i've been in a huge baldur's gate brainrot phase for a few months now (still am lol) but yes just wanted to update y'all

IF YOU HAVE REQUESTS SEND THEM MY WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm forcing myself out of my writing block I LOVE Y'ALL 🫶