LTBB 2: Chapter Ninteen

Começar do início

I gasp and burst out laughing, oh my gosh, did he just say that?

Clutching my hand over my stomach, in roll my head back in laughter, "I'm completely joking Zach, I did get the job. I just wanted to mess with you and see how you'd react."

He joined along laughing, "Oh I see, was this part of the boyfriend test or something?"

"No," I chuckle, "I just wanted to mess with you."

"Well why don't we mess around together? How do you feel about a walk in the park with Ben & Jerry ice cream following by attending a small lunch date with me in a new restaurant that just opened down Karlson Street?"

My smile widened, "I'd love that Zach."

"Good, I'll pick you up in fifteen minutes at Asher's apartment and we can go together."

I frowned, "Actually, I'm on my way to visit my dad. Is it alright if we push the time back a bit?"

"Of course. Whatever you want babe. Just as long as I'm able to spend some time with you."

Well, who can't adore this boy?

"Aw, thank you." I cooed.

"Speaking of which, when can I meet your dad?"

Zach doesn't know my dad is in prison. God, how am I going to put this?

"My dad is in prison Zach, I don't think you'll be able to meet him any time soon." Was the easiest way to go.

There was a long silence in the other line before I heard him breath out.

"That's alright, I'd still like to meet him one day though - If that's okay with you. I mean, you are going to meet my parents in a couple of weeks time so..."

"Of course, of course," I comment, "Well I'm on my way to visit him now. If you'd like, you're more than welcome to meet me there."

"Are you sure?" He asked in confirmation, I nod my head.

"Yeah. I'll meet you at Florida Central Prison in ten minutes. And then later, we can hang out like we planned."

"Okay, I'll be there soon."

***

Paying the taxi driver the amount I owed, I walk inside the building holding my shoulder bag firmly.

Going to the reception, the female police officer greets me, "Hello Miss, what may I do for you today?"

"Hi, I'd like to visit George Dawns." I state, she nods.

"Are you family?"

"Yes."

The lady points through the doorway, "Just walk that way. I'll tell him that you're visiting."

"Thank you." Making way through the door, I was stopped by a voice calling my name.

"Hey, Isabelle!" Turning around, I catch Zach's ocean blue eyes. He grinned while rushing over to me and pulling me in for a long embrace.

"Ready to meet my dad?" I asked raising my eyebrow. I know for a fact that's are more uncomfortable in meeting their girlfriend's fathers than mothers.

"Meeting your dad, yes. Being here in Central Prison, no."

"Are you scared of being here in the prison?" I questioned. Maybe it's a fear he has.

Zach shrugged, "You can say that."

I laugh, "It's alright Zach, it's not like you're going to get arrested."