Chapter 68

Laurina's and Adol's marriage ceremony occurred not too long after Alden's agreement. The entire feast and ceremony is prepared solely by Adol, who had set the location in the ballroom in the castle. With two week's preparation, the ballroom was elaborately decorated, and not only that, the city streets of Astalan were also festive as the entire city mirrored the joyful atmosphere of the wedding of their next king.

The ceremony was grandiose in scale was all in all extremely spectacular. A grand feast was prepared by the best chefs in the kingdom, and plenty of high class food and wine was served. It was an occasion alien to Loganel, one that he is unaccustomed to. This was his first time stepping foot into the castle, and it all occurred rather fast for him, like a blur in his life that he had never realized had past by. Even when he is standing in the ballroom, he still was processing the fact that he was attending his older sister's wedding.

Loganel shuffled his feet with slight discomfort as he held the glass of wine in his hands. He twirled the liquid about, staring into it but not drinking it. With a uncomfortable sigh, he glanced over at Mistivera, taking in her calm composure as she took a small sip from her wine glass.

She seems to be rather comfortable, Loganel thought to himself. She's probably used to attending banquets like these...She is the daughter of the Demon King after all...

"Could it be that you are Loganel Ainzloft?" a man in his mid-forties said out loud in a friendly manner with a smile on his face as he approached Loganel.

"Yeah," Loganel nodded. He eyed the man that is dressed in extravagant clothing and immediately tensed himself. He knows that everyone attending this wedding ceremony have a high status, from nobles to great knights that had done the kingdom great service.

"You're so young and yet you've accomplished so much!" the man continued.

Immediately, Loganel knew that the man was seeking something from him. He could sense an ulterior motive that is concealed behind the man's large smile, and immediately, Loganel prepared himself.

"My daughter has always been an avid admirer of yours," the man said, hinting at his intent.

Knowing the man's motive, Loganel immediately relaxed his guard. He noticed the young girl that was standing behind the man. She appeared to be in her late teens and had a rather noble and fair appearance with a blush and a nervous smile on her face. However, Loganel believed that this smile lacked any realism. It was as if a mask to him.

Admire me? Loganel chuckled to himself, smiling in an amused manner. Admire what? There's been nothing about me that deserves any admiration. They can't even come up with a good excuse.

"My daughter would like to get to know you some more," the man, after mistaking Loganel's mocking chuckle for success, immediately pushed with his plan.

"That would be great," Loganel responded with a forced smile. "But I already have a fiancee." Loganel then turned his head and looked over at Mistivera.

"Why," the man appeared surprised, but that did not stop him with his plan. "Your fiancee is one of extraordinary beauty. However, I do not believe that would stop you from speaking with my daughter. It's rather normal for us nobles to have multiple...female acquaintances."

"And wives too," Loganel chuckled and said using that same false smile mask that the man was speaking to him with. 

"Exactly," the man nodded. "Now, I still have other friends that I must greet. I hope my daughter, Sara, will be able to keep you entertained."

Before Loganel was able to say anything, the man quickly walked away, leaving the young girl that is his daughter behind with Loganel. Taking advantage of this moment of confusion, Sara immediately made a move, hugging onto Loganel's arms and pressing it against her chest.