Chapter 26

"The ritual will likely cause some discomfort," Mistivera said as she walked about the now cleared living room space of Loganel's dorm suite. "So I hope you're ready."

The couch and coffee table has been pushed to the side, and the warm carpet on the ground has been rolled up and placed over in the corner, standing up. On the wooden floor, Mistivera was drawing with chalk a magic array on the ground. Loganel was initially worried that the patterns on the ground would not be able to remove, but Mistivera had assured him that the powder used in the chalk could be easily washed away.

"I'm ready," Loganel nodded, gazing down at Mistivera's back as she worked on the pattern on the ground.

Mistivera stood up and looked at Loganel with a frown on her face. She avoided looking him in the eye though, careful to not be reminded of her past lover However, she remained mute, concealing whatever thoughts she had within her.

"Then we will begin soon," Mistivera then proceeded to reach into empty space until a dark purple void appeared. When she retracted her hands from the void, in her hands was a small pouch. From within it, she took out objects that Loganel had never seen before and placed them on specially marked areas on the magic array.

So these are the materials that couldn't be easily found in Astalan...

Loganel observed her smooth, elegant movements as she continued to set up the ritual. As Mistivera labored to aid Loganel in his recovery of his missing arm, he felt a warm feeling within his heart, feeling grateful for her actions in helping him. A strange urge existed within him, making him wanting to go up to her and hug her from behind, bury his face into her long, luxurious hair.

It must be the Succubus side of her at work again...

Loganel blushed as he looked away. What was odd, however, was how realistic of a feeling it was. His heart raced and his breathing seemed to slowly deepened.

"It is done," Mistivera rose to her full height and took a few steps back to admire her work.

"This looks...complicated," Loganel walked up behind her and commented on the complex arrangement of chalk patterns and vital objects for the ritual.

Each and every line of the chalk pattern was vital, and a line too thin or a line too thick, or even a line not deep enough, would alter the results of the ritual. As for the placement of the alien objects, Loganel was uncertain as to what they were, but they all gave off an extremely important aura. He knows that they must play an extremely vital role in the ritual and that they were all extremely expensive and difficult to acquire. Therefore, Loganel was extremely grateful for Mistivera's efforts to help him, even if she had done so for her own benefits, Loganel still felt severely in debt to the girl.

This feeling of gratitude combined with the seductive powers of her part Succubus bloodline, he thought, must've been the reason why he felt that strange and mysterious sense of attraction towards her. The feeling was quite pleasant, and that warmth he felt made him forget the dark, gloomy world outside as night slowly fell on the snow covered realm with low temperatures.

"It is quite complicated," Mistivera agreed with Loganel's comment. "But don't worry. Be confident in my abilities."

"I'm not worried," Loganel chuckled and shook his head, smiling as he did so. "For some reason I feel like I can wholeheartedly trust you."

"..."

His comments elicited silence from Mistivera, and Loganel looked over and focused his gaze on the beautiful side-view of his face, taking in the soft and lethargic feeling expression. Her eyes weren't opened to its full extent, shielding part of her iris, creating a moody effect. It was an expression of pain, an expression that also delivered the same suffering to Loganel. It was as if a knife was slowly inserted into his heart, creating a pain that lasted in him.