Chapter 32

Loganel walked down the streets of Astalan at a pace way slower than usual. In his hands, he carried the neatly folded battle coat that he had bought a year ago from the elf twins. Although it wasn't particularly heavy, it still proved to be a challenging task for him to carry it and walk all the way to their store to have it upgraded with the materials that Mistivera had given him since he still hasn't recovered from the ritual to regenerate his arm.

As he walked, he thought back on the final word of warning that Mistivera had given him.

"I would recommend that you don't visit the Church anymore."

That was her warning to him. He was confused as to why it was so. Juliana rests in the Church, and Loganel felt that it was his obligation to go and visit her since she had sacrificed herself to save Loganel from a curse by an Elder Lich. However, Loganel knew from that serious expression on Mistivera's face to not challenge her warning.

I'm sorry, Juliana, he sighed.

The streets of Astalan had already gotten itself into the festive spirit as the year slowly crept to an end. Now, the majority of all buildings were decorated with bright colorful decorations such as ribbons and lights. In addition to that, everybody seemed to be in quite a good mood, which melted away all hints of coldness in the people's faces.

It was already in the afternoon, so the sun was already past halfway finished with its path across the sky above. Loganel looked up at the sky and thought of his party members.

They must be out of the city and on a hunt or doing some other quests they accepted from either the school or the Guild, he thought with a sad expression on his face.

Knowing that being frustrated wouldn't do him any good, he sped up his pace and continued towards the store ran by the elven twins.

Come to think of it, I still don't know the name of the store, Loganel thought as he neared the store's entrance. He then glanced up at the sign that hung from an iron bar that protruded from the wall over the door and read it. Edelweiss. Is this the name?

Loganel opened the door and entered, hearing the familiar chime of the bell signaling the arrival of a customer to the elven owners of the place. The layout of the store was as usual, with the elven brother Merian's workshop in the left corner and the elven sister Meriath's gorge behind that door that was located on the wall behind the counter.

"Hello," Merian greeted him with a smile.

"Hi," Loganel responded as he walked up to the counter and set the battle coat down on it.

"Your arm..." Merian frowned as he saw Loganel's left hand poking out through the fully filled left sleeve of his winter coat.

"He's here?" Meriath emerged from her forge and step foot into the store. Her facial expression wasn't relaxed at all, and instead, there was a look of stern seriousness.

"Hi, Meriath," Loganel almost stuttered upon seeing that frightening expression on her face.

She walked over to him in a brisk pace and rave onto his left arm.

"..." she sighed. "Take it off."

"What?" Loganel looked at her with a confused expression on his face.

"Take your coat and your shirt off," she said once again in a more commanding and demanding tone than before.

Loganel looked over at Merian for help, but Merian simply shrugged and shook his head. Without much choice, Loganel complied. He unbuttoned his winter coat and then laid it on the counter. Next, he pulled the thin sweater he wore underneath over his head and also set that on the counter. Finally, he stripped himself of his undershirt and laid that on the counter as well.