Chapter 21

Mistivera's simple entrance proved to have quite a startling effect of Kaz and Marilin, who both stared at her with mouth gaping open in shock. For Kaz, it was the shock at the beauty that he witnessed then, and even for Marilin, she felt as if she's no match for Mistivera.

With one hand, Mistivera brought it to her hair and adjusted her bangs slightly. That movement, so natural yet mysteriously alluring, seemingly drew Loganel into a trance. However, he was reminded of his objective when he discovered that Mistivera was staring at him, eyeing him with a gentle yet commanding look.

Loganel immediately recovered and proceeded on with his act.

"She's the healer I was talking about," Loganel introduced Mistivera to Kaz and Marilin.

"Do you really have a method to heal his missing arm?" Marilin asked with a hint of suspicion in her voice.

"I'm not a hundred percent certain that it will succeed," Mistivera humbly lowered her head slightly, "but if it does, then there's a high likelihood."

Marilin frowned, pondering over whether or not Mistivera's words were truthful or not. Mistivera, catching the hint of suspicion in her facial expression, smiled gently so as to alleviate her worries.

"There's no need to worry about my legitimacy," she chuckled. "Loganel and I had known each other prior to this incident."

Marlin glanced over at Loganel for confirmation, and Loganel, caught off guard by Mistivera's sudden explanation, was confused regarding the situation. However, he immediately processed her plan in his head and nodded his head in agreement.

"There's no need to worry," Loganel reassured Marilin. "Mistivera here is...quite skilled in the arcane, especially the ancient ones."

"If you say so."

The frown on Marilin's face lessened slightly, but it would appear that she had accepted Loganel's explanation.

"May I ask you a few questions in regards to the art of healing?" Marilin finally said to Mistivera. "I apologize in advance, but I need to make sure for my friend here."

"Of course," Mistivera smiled without losing any composure. "I understand and applaud your care for your friend. Go ahead."

As Marilin quizzed Mistivera, Kaz leaned close to Loganel's ear. "She...she has a rather pleasant scent."

"What?" Loganel muttered. "Is it your cat senses going on?"

Kaz sighed. "Looks like you truly are fine now that you can make jokes. But in all seriousness...she doesn't seem human at all."

"W-what do you mean?" Loganel stuttered as he felt cold sweat forming down back, panicking as he remained paranoid that Kaz might've discovered that she was a Demon. "If she's not human then what is she?"

"That's not what I meant," Kaz whispered. "It's just that...other than Azura, I've never seen anyone as beautiful as this. She's...like a goddess."

"Is that so?"

Loganel let out a sigh of relief after knowing that Kaz had not seen through Mistivera's disguise.

A goddess? Loganel looked over at Mistivera, taking in her breathtaking beauty that might've surpassed Iry's and Azura's. Kinda ironic since she's the race opposite of that...

Marilin let out a sigh of defeat as well as relief. "Looks like you are a legitimate healer. Sorry for doubting you."

"No worries," Mistivera smiled. "Like I said before, it is admirable of you to be so cautious for the safety of your friend."