Chapter 45

Laurina's dorm suite was different from Loganel's due to her naturally tidy demeanor. Her room had a naturally pleasant scent, and everything was neatly arranged, including the numerous books on the bookshelves. In addition to that, Laurina had made sure to include flowers in the room decor. In the vase that was located on the surface of the small table by the entrance was some pink roses, which caught Loganel's eye. It wasn't unusual per say, but it just felt odd that Laurina would have roses as decoration in her dorm.

It wasn't too long after Loganel and Mistivera had arrived when they heard a knock on the door. Laurina, being the older sister and host of the dorm room, insisted that she would get the door. Since the entrance to the dorm suite was only a few steps away from the living room couches, Loganel and Mistivera could see exactly what was occurring at the door. When Laurina opened the door, the person on the other side was revealed. This young man, the same age as Laurina, carried a strong resemblance to Loganel.

"Redgilus!" Laurina greeted her younger twin brother. "Come in, Loganel has someone he wants to introduce to you."

Redgilus appeared quite confused as he entered, but his confusion was soon replaced with a surprised smile when he saw Mistivera.

"T-this is?" he asked as he looked over at Loganel.

"My fiance," Loganel responded with an awkward laugh.

"Y-you're gonna be married before me?" Redgilus sighed as he sat down on the couch, visibly disappointed in himself. "What's happened to this world?"

"Right?" Laurina added. "It was as if yesterday he was still the cute little boy and suddenly, he's an adult now."

"My name is Mistivera Lilith Verltz," Mistivera introduced herself to her future brother-in-law. "I'm a scholar and healer that studies ancient texts and spells."

"It was Mistivera who helped Loganel with his arm," Laurina added in.

"So it is true," Redgilus frowned as he looked over at Loganel's left arm.

"She used an ancient magic scroll to cast a healing spell to regenerate his arm," Laurina continued.

"That must've been extremely precious," Redgilus bowed his head. "Thank you for using it to help my younger brother."

"It's nothing," Mistivera smiled. "He is my future husband after all."

"So now the only one we're waiting on is Avelin," Laurina concluded. "She should be here soon. In the meantime, let's just talk about how things are going so far." The eldest daughter of the Ainzloft family then turned to face Loganel and Mistivera. "Did you ask her parents for their permission yet?"

"My parents are both in the afterlife now," Mistivera responded for Loganel. "And since I have no other relatives, it is just up to me to make my decision, which is: I would gladly marry Loganel."

"Is that so?" Laurina frowned. "Sorry for your loss."

"It's fine," Mistivera smiled as she continued her intricate lie. "They died when I was still young, so I do not recall their appearances. I was raised by my teacher, but he's in a far away land currently. He does support my decision though."

"That's good to hear," Laurina nodded. "Have you thought about when to have the ceremony? Our parents will be visiting come spring so you can meet them then. Maybe, we could have the ceremony during their visit."

"That sounds like a great idea," Mistivera smiled and agreed.

As the two girls conversed, Redgilus looked over at Loganel, who looked back and nodded. The two then got up from their seats and walked over to the corner of the room by the dining table in order to talk.

"So," Redgilus looked into Loganel's eyes. "You're quite good at this. I didn't even know you had a girl."

"Haha," Loganel awkwardly laughed, which drew a Redgilus to raise an eyebrow out of a suspicion.

"You don't have to tell me how you met her," he said. "But know that if you are going to marry her, then you better treat her right."

"I know," Loganel nodded.

Redgilus then sighed once again. "You're going to have a family started before me, huh?" He then laughed self-deprecatingly and shook his head. "Have the two of you... done it yet?"

"What?" Loganel was surprised by his sudden question. "N-no."

"I'm just kidding," Redgilus chuckled. "You didn't have to answer."

"How would I know," Loganel whispered to himself.

"Anyways," Redgilus continued. "Know this:. I'm not opposed to this marriage, and I think Mom and Dad won't as well. Just be happy with your life, Loganel. You're our precious little boy, you know?"

"I'm only two years younger than you," Loganel sighed. "And I'm seventeen already."

"I know," Redgilus chuckled. "But I can still remember nine years ago when you were eight and I was ten. You would so often follow me around, asking me questions about this and that."

"That's in the past," Loganel blushed.

"I know, I know," that smile on Redgilus's face disappeared into a gentle expression of remembrance of his childhood. "But those are the days that we'll never get back again." He then glanced over at their sister. "We'll all go our separate ways one day, and it might be years until we can all get back together as a family again."

"Yeah," Loganel smiled in a melancholic manner.

"It will all be different in a year's time," Redgilus whispered. "You know," he then said, "there's rumors that Sis is seeing someone."

"What?" Loganel looked over at his older brother in surprise.

"Yeah," Redgilus nodded. "I don't know who it is, but... there's rumors that he wants to marry her."

"So that's why..." Loganel recalled how Laurina had used the word as well when talking about his engagement.

"What is it?" Redgilus looked over at his younger brother.

"When I introduced Mistivera to her," Loganel began speaking. "She said, 'I can't believe you've found your soulmate as well already.'"

"She did?" Redgilus's eyes were wide from his astonishment. "Looks like we're gonna have to do some digging around."

"What're you going to do?"

"Find that boy and see if he's suited for Laurina," Redgilus answered. "Laurina, Sis, she's... a bit too kind sometimes. Sometimes, she can't tell if someone's being truly honest or not. Loganel, you wouldn't want some scum to trick Laurina and use her for her body, would you?"

"Of course I wouldn't want that."

"Then as her siblings," Redgilus said to Loganel, "as the only men of the Ainzloft family currently present, it is our responsibility to protect our family from harm."

"You seem quite enthusiastic," Loganel remarked.

"This is Laurina we're talking about," Redgilus responded. "Of course we have to put in all our effort."

"Fine," Loganel nodded. "If we were to begin immediately after the holidays, you will have to proceed on your own for a bit. I have to go on that Vampire hunt, remember?"

"Right," Redgilus crossed his arms. "Then don't worry. I'll take care of things here. You just focus on staying safe."

"Got it," Loganel nodded.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the shorter chapter because if I were to include what I wanted to write entirely here, this chapter would've been way too long.

Please vote and comment if you've enjoyed. Thank you!!    

Edit by