Chapter 33

"Welcome back," Mistivera greeted Loganel while sitting on the living room couch.

Loganel looked over at her and then down at the ground.  

"You know...did you?" he whispered.

"About what?" She looked at him with a calm and collected expression on her face that masked her inner distaste for the resemblance of his face and Iliad's.

"That the ritual will transform me into a Demon," Loganel's voice trembled out of anger. "You know about it, did you?!" He took a few steps towards her out of anger and frustration.

"Listen here," Mistivera stood up and met Loganel's challenge. She stepped towards him and brought her face close to his, creating an intimidating pressure that forced Loganel to cease his aggression and lean back slightly. "Your job is to create peace between Demons and humans. The simplest way for you to unite all Demons is to become the Demon King. Now, tell me. What race should the Demon King be? And you know yourself you're slowly becoming a Demon way before I showed up. Ever since you received Zweildr, the Abyss Blade, from Iliad, you are slowly turning."

"I..." Loganel took a small step back.

He knows that what Mistivera was saying is correct. He should've known when he had accepted the deal. However, it was such a surprise to him that he couldn't prepare himself mentally for it.

"I know what you're saying is correct," Loganel said, slowly exhaling. "But...but what am I supposed to do now that I am the exact thing that my friends see as enemies? What do I do now?"

"Friends?" Mistivera sneered. "You expect to still keep your current friends once you step onto this path? What a joke...If you don't know what to do, then what about me?"

"Huh?"

Loganel realized that there were tears forming in her eyes as she spoke with intense emotions. In those watery eyes of hers, he could see his own reflection admidst all the uncertainty and fear within her.

"What about me?" Her voice began to slightly tremble. "I've slept for who knows how long because of my lover. And when I woke up, he's gone...My family, my childhood, everything is gone. All that I'm left with is a world in ruins with no one I'm close to left around me...And now? I'm left to partner with you to complete his will, and I'm not even complaining! Do you even know how it feels to lose everybody you know?"

The overflowing of all the pent up emotions of fear, uncertainty, and frustrations led to her becoming extremely emotional, causing her actions to become more and more intense. As she ranted, she continued stepping forward towards Loganel until Loganel fell to the ground with Mistivera on top of him.

"So what about me?" Tears rolled down her cheeks as she spoke with a trembling voice. "Who do I ask for help?"

It was then that Loganel truly realized how alone and helpless she must've felt all that time. She was alone when she had awaken in this world, with no clues as to what had happened to those that she cared for. That daunting feeling...must've been extremely tough for her to even get through. And yet, she persevered. She remained strong despite the tears that she wept and continued on with her mind made up in completing the last wishes of both her father and lover. Loganel suddenly felt ashamed that he even dared raise his voice at her. His worries, when compared to the troubles that she's been through, it was almost nonexistent. He had always been guided by Mistivera, and because of this he had mistaken her to be a strong woman that has everything already planned out, like an ideal and perfect person. However, that is just him holding her to his admiration. In reality, she's not perfect. Although Mistivera is strong on the outside, she's extremely sensitive on the inside. Therefore, Loganel despise himself. He despise himself for his selfishness of expecting others to meet the unreasonable standards that he had set for them.