Chapter 42

Loganel and Mistivera soon arrived before a lively restaurant with a wooden sign hanging on a steel bar that protruded from the building over the doorway. The streets were quite lively as well with people walking about, celebrating with their family and friends by eating out at restaurants while some remained indoors and celebrated in the privacy of their own homes.

Loganel and Mistivera entered through the closed door of the restaurant called Jerry's Eatery. It was the first time that Loganel had visited this restaurant. Therefore, he was unfamiliar with the interior layout of the pub. He looked around the packed interior of the restaurant and was met with the surrounding sounds of celebratory dinners and cheerful chattering. Most of the noise came from Adventurers and students from the Academy, people who usually don't have family that live in Astalan. They were clearly enjoying their end of the year meals as they called loudly for the waitresses, ordering more alcohol and food as the night went on.

"Over here!"

Loganel heard the familiar voice of Kaz calling out to him. He looked in the direction the voice came from and began viciously searching the crowded Jerry's Diner for Kaz. Finally, he saw the waving hands of the demihuman boy and walked with Mistivera over to him.

"I thought you would never show up," Kaz smiled as he greeted Loganel and his fiance.

"Sorry," Loganel apologized and pulled out a chair for Mistivera to take a seat in.

As Loganel took a seat, he saw that Tetsuya had his eyes fixed on Mistivera with suspicion. It appeared to him that Tetsuya was observing her, maybe trying to discover her identity. This sent shivers down his spine as his heart rate increased from nervousness. However, he recalled Mistivera's words and how he was supposed to trust the diplomacy to her. Therefore, Loganel decided that he would do nothing.

"I'm Mistivera Lilith Vertz," Mistivera calmly introduced herself with a polite bow of her head and a smile. "I am Loganel's fiance."

"I'm Kirishima Tetsuya," Tetsuya introduced himself. "You can say that I'm the leader of the party."

"Thanks for taking care of my Loganel," Mistivera slyly smiled.

"No," Tetsuya chuckled. "It's Loganel that's been taking care of us."

"He saved our lives," Kaz added. "That's why his arm..."

"Kaz," Loganel said upon seeing the look of guilt on his friend's face. "It's in the past. There's no need to keep bringing it up."

"Though, since he has brought that topic up," Tetsuya placed his cup down on the table, "may I ask how you were able to regenerate his arm when even the Church said it was impossible?"

That again, Loganel thought. He's... probably onto it. What should I do, Mistivera?

Loganel smiled to conceal his nervous mental state and glanced over at Mistivera in search of any clues. From what he discovered, it would appear that Mistivera was as calm and collected as ever, with no breaks in that facade of hers. Like an actress in a masquerade, she sat there with that beautiful, charming, and perfect smile of hers, ready to counter any questions that might be sent her way.

"It's an ancient spell," she responded. "One that is forgotten by time and space."

"Can you replicate the spell?" Tetsuya then asked. "If so, then can you teach it to the Church? It would benefit the people greatly."

"I'm sorry but the spell was written on a magic scroll," Mistivera lied without any hints of guilt on her face. "Once I had regenerated Loganel's arm, it vanished into ashes and can not be used again."