Chapter 9

The baron left as a maid stood by the living room, bowed to her master's two guests, and gestured with her hand for the two to follow her. Loganel and Tetsuya followed behind the maid, whose posture was the epitome of a maid as she walked with her back straight and eyes forward.

Loganel looked out the window to his right as he walked down the hallway of the left wing of the mansion and into the courtyard. The courtyard was smaller than the front yard of the mansion, characterized by a pavilion with couches by a smaller water fountain. If it was Spring time, the courtyard would've been way more beautiful. However, due to the cold Winter, the trees were barren and the flowers in a deep slumber.

Loganel refocused his gaze back onto the hallway before him. As Loganel walked, he also past by numerous doors that was decorated with elegant carvings with a gold touch. On the ground of the hallway laid a red velvet carpet that proved quite comfortable to walk on. Hanging on the wall, and evenly spaced out was the many beautiful paintings as well as the wall mounted lamps that provided illumination to the interior of the mansion.

"Here we are."

The maid stopped in front of a door and gently knocked on the door.

"Ms. Azura, Ms. Iry? Your friends have come to visit you. May I open the door?"

"Go ahead," a voice responded from inside the room.

The maid then turned the door handle and slowly opened the door for Loganel and Tetsuya.

"I shall leave you in the company of the two Misses," the maid said. "If anything is needed, please stop a servant that is passing by."

"Thank you, miss," Tetsuya politely thanked the maid, who smiled as she walked off, leaving the two boys in front of the opened door.

"Azura, Iry," Loganel announced to the two girls within the room, "we're coming in."

Loganel and Tetsuya then entered the room, closed the door behind them, and marveled at its vastness. The room was larger than the living room that the two were in earlier. Instead, this room was like a mixture between a living room and a bedroom, with the large bed that was up against the left wall while also having a coffee table and couches in the room on the right side.

On the couches the two girls sat. Their long hair were carefully tended and done by the maids earlier this morning. The two had changed out of the ordinary clothing that they worn the day before, and instead, were now dressed in elegant, flowy dresses.

Immediately, Loganel felt his heart skip a beat as he took in the beauty of the two. Before him, were the two Flowers of Stelis, who now, after being adorned in clothing that emphasized their natural beauty, made him realize how lucky he was to have been an acquaintance to them. His eyes were captivated by the faint sadness that existed in the azure and beige eyes of the two girls who sat on the couch in a somewhat fatigued and sluggish posture. He could feel the beating of his heart becoming faster and faster and his breathing becoming deeper as he stood there, taking in the beauty of the Flowers of Stelis.

"Hey," Tetsuya broke the silence as he took a step towards the two and sat down on the couch opposite to theirs. "How's everything going for you two?"

As Tetsuya asked the question, never did he allow his eyes to stray from Azura. However, he realized that Azura wasn't looking over at him. Instead, she gazed in the direction of the boy that stood nearby the couch with a sad look in her eyes. Azura looked on as Iry slowly walked over to Loganel, tugged onto the sleeves of his shirt and gaze into Loganel's eyes with those beige eyes of hers. Iry's eyes were teary and her face appeared quite fatigued as she brought her arms around Loganel, embracing him gently and pressing her soft body into his. In response, Loganel placed his left arm around her waist, and as he did so, he looked up and met the sad gaze of Azura.