Chapter 20

The next morning, Loganel was reminded of his missing arm once again. He had wanted to use both arms to reach for the bed sheet to drag it up so that he could be protected from the cold temperature of the morning. However, he realized that no matter how long he had waited, his left arm would never raise. That was when all hints of drowsiness escaped his mind, leaving him in a gloomy state as he laid there on his bed.  

After a few minutes, and with a depressed sigh, Loganel forced himself up from his bed and got dressed in warm clothing, shivering as he put on his clothes. He discovered that it was quite difficult for him to do so, He struggled with bringing a warm sweater over his head with only one hand, and was frustrated by how difficult such a simple task had become for him.

"God damn this..." he cursed under his breath as he continued the struggle.

He continued to struggle with his clothing, and as time passed by quickly and still no signs of progress was in sight, Loganel, out of anger and frustration, threw the sweater against the wall and sat back down on his bed. He no longer felt cold due to the amount of heat that his earlier struggle had produced. However, after the physical discomfort had left him, it was immediately replaced by a mental strain.

Then, Loganel heard a gentle knock on his door.

"You need some help?" Mistivera asked from the other side of the door.

"Yeah..." Loganel replied with a bitter sigh.

Mistivera opened the door to Loganel's room, revealing her already dressed body to him. She was dressed in the same clothing as the day before, which was a warm coat as well as a skirt with stockings to protect her legs from the frost. She took a few steps into the room, looked around and allowed her gaze to remain concentrated on the sweater that Loganel had thrown earlier.

"Did I wake you up?" Loganel asked as he glanced over at the sweater that Mistivera was observing.

The response that he received was a gentle shook of her head. "No. I was already awake."

She walked over to the sweater that rested on the floor, picked it up, and dusted it off. As she did so, Loganel observed her movements, feeling rare warmth in his mind at this display of kindness.

"Raise your arm up," she said in a soft, gentle voice to Loganel after she walked over to the bed, knelt down slightly so that she could help Loganel put on the sweater.

In her eyes, Loganel could see that there appeared to be hints of sadness and nostalgia as she stared at his face.

The person that she sees right now, the person that is reflected in her iris, that isn't me, Loganel thought, feeling a hint of sadness. It is him, Iliad.

Maybe it was because of the Succubus blood in her, but Loganel felt an odd sense of attraction to her. He concluded that it was the alluring effect that Succubi have on males. However, this did not make his heart beat any slower.

As she got closer to him, his nose could pick up the pleasant scent of her hair as well as her body. It wasn't a strong smell, but rather one that was soft and gentle. She was like a flower that grew in the depths of the abyss, so beautiful yet so dangerous...

"T-thank you," Loganel muttered as he allowed Mistivera to put on his sweater for him. He blushed as she then proceeded to adjust the collar and buttoning the top few buttons so that warmth does not escape from him that easily.

"So um...did you sleep well?" Loganel asked, trying to break the ice.

"I slept fine," Mistivera responded as she took a few steps back from Loganel and stood there, observing him.