Chapter 19

"Can you take care of yourself alone?" Avelin asked as the day began to fade and the world became dark outside. She stood by the door with her hand on the door handle and looked back at Loganel with worry written all over her face. "Or do you need me to stay the night?"

"I'm fine," Loganel responded. "Thank you though."

"If you need anything..." she began thinking over the options. "If you need anything I'll come by tomorrow once I finished the day's lectures as well so tell me then alright?"

"Got it," Loganel said.

Then, Avelin left the dorm and gently closed the door behind her. Mistivera then exited her surreptitious state and emerged from hiding.

"I've decided," Loganel said, turning to look her in the eye. "I might not be able to do much, but I'm willing to contribute as much as I can."

She gazed at Loganel in silence. "Wasn't that already decided then, my dear husband."

"Right," Loganel whispered, recalling the political marriage that she talked about. "So...how would everything work with this political marriage?"

"You gain the right to rule over all Demons," she explained, "and thus lead us to peace."

"It won't be that easy though, right?" Loganel looked down at the ground with a fatigued expression.

"Yeah," Mistivera sighed. "There's tribes and sub-races of Demons that holds a great disdain towards humanity. It will be our job to convince them."

"That sounds like a lot," Loganel weakly smiled.

Mistivera concealed a frown as she attempted to hide the gravity of the situation. Ever since the last war, there exists more Demons that have a thirst for human blood than ever. Therefore, the process of attempting to convert them into peaceful beings would be a difficult, almost impossible one, let alone how dangerous it would be. In the Demon world, power is everything. She glanced at Loganel's face. He appeared quite weak and fragile, yet she could sense a great resolve from him. He's so similar to Iliad that it almost made her mistaken the two occasionally.

"So what're your plans now?" Loganel asked her. "It's getting quite late."

"Are you suggesting that I stay the night?" she teased with a mature smile on her face.

"W-what?" Loganel blushed. "No."

"Even though I might be your bride," she said, "and even if in the future an heir would have to be produced, know this one fact." She turned to face Loganel and gazed into his eyes with great determination as well as sadness and tribulation. "You might have access to my body, but my heart and soul will never be yours."

"I know..." Loganel whispered, staring at the ground before him. "It belongs to him..."

Mistivera stared at Loganel, and she turned her head to look away. His appearance was so similar to her lovers that she couldn't bear looking at him for a prolonged period of time. It was that loneliness within her that intoxicated her and blurred her mind. To combat this effect, she repeated affirmed that he is not Iliad, but...she could only do so for a certain amount of time before she breaks down.

"Tonight only," she sighed. "I'll stay for the night. We have plenty of things that we still must discuss and go over."

"Right," Loganel nodded. "You want some food for the time being?" He walked over to the kitchen where there was still left overs from the meal that Avelin had cooked for him. "Or...does Succubi need something else..." He frowned as he realized the fact that a Succubus could only find saturation through sexual acts with males.