Chapter 62

Loganel followed after his older brother as the two walked at a brisk pace towards their destination that Loganel was still oblivious about. Redgilus had not informed him about the exact whereabouts of their sister and the boy that she was seeing so Loganel's mind was in a confused and uncertain state. There was a sense of agitation as he made his way out of the Academy gates and down the bustling streets of Astalan where brick buildings lined both sides of the wide road. 

The two weaved in and out of the walking crowd, making their way past commoners as they went about with their business as well as Adventurers, some of whom were dressed in armor while carrying around their weapons. As they neared a marketplace, on either side of the road appeared little stalls where vendors hollered to attract the attention of passerbys. However, Loganel and Redgilus continued on without allowing their main focus to become clouded.

The two cut through the marketplace and continued in the southeast direction towards the harbor. The slight southern direction of their path led them away from the busier areas of the city and into a clustered residential area where the cobblestone path led between stone brick houses that were bleached white by the suns rays and erosion. Due to how narrow the road was and how close the buildings were, Loganel and Redgilus was shielded from the sun's rays. Just a few weeks prior this would've made the temperature feel extremely cold, but ever since spring arrived, the temperature had warmed up to the point that Loganel actually preferred being in the shade.

The two continued on up the sloped cobblestone path as they made their way up a hill. As they continued, Loganel looked to his left when there was a break between the rows of buildings and was greeted with the beautiful scenery of a azure blue sky dotted with the occasional fluffy white clouds over a grand blue ocean where wooden boats sailed in the horizon. He could also hear the cry of seagulls as they flew overhead, adding a touch of liveliness to the almost empty street.

Loganel noticed that they were quite a distance from the academy. When they finally made their way to the top of the small neighborhood located on the hill and was crossing a stone brick bridge, Loganel looked to his right and at the city that sprawled out underneath the bridge. From here, Loganel could see the Academy in the distance with its large lecture buildings and dorms as well as the vast plots of land it owned. He could also see the other hill in the city where the ladders led to the Cathedral at the top to the right of the Academy. 

Nonetheless, the brothers continued on. They made their way through the guarded mountain exit of the city, walking past the gates where two guards, one yawning while the other sat on a wooden box and rested, ignored them and allowed them to continue on their way. The mountains that these exits led to were quite safe due to the fact that there's only cliffs with no other way of entering in addition to the regular patrols that roamed the mountain roads to check up on the occasional villages scattered about in the terrain.

"Where are they?" Loganel asked as he walked behind his older brother on the mountain trail. He looked up at the sky through the crevices of the lush green canopy as a gentle spring wind blew by, moving his hair and causing the leaves to rustle.

"Apparently down this trail," Redgilus answered. "They said that there's a flower field just down this trail that overlooks the forest on a cliff. up front. Right now, the flowers should be in full bloom."

"Sounds quite beautiful," Loganel commented.

"Sounds like so," Redgilus sighed. "But just knowing that some random guy is taking our sister there on a date ruins the image."

"So what're we doing once we find them?"

"We first have to see who the hell that guy is," Redgilus answered, outlining their plans. "Then after a thorough investigation, we can make the final verdict as to whether or not the guy is trustworthy or not."