Chapter 6

It has been a whole week since Loganel had bought out Iry and the start of her house hunting process. However, it would appear that she's quite content to stay with the others at Sister Lori's since they're like a giant family. That is the reason why she didn't focus much on the house hunting, and instead, decided to spend more time with Azura, Sheriel, and Marilin. Often times, Loganel could see Iry with those girls during the day when he left class. However, with the school week done and the resting period coming to an end, Loganel and his party will have to return to the outside world once again to complete quests and hunt monsters.

The Sunday afternoon was calm and pleasant, with the rare sun shining down on the world. Loganel strolled down the streets of the city, basking in the sunlight as enjoyed the natural warmth of the sun. Walking by his side was Tetsuya and Kaz, both of whom had nothing to do for the day. The trio walked down the street, looking to the sides and observing the different decorations the storefronts had to offer. The end of the year is nearing, and to celebrate, the residents of Astalan had started preparing for the special Winter Festival, a holiday that lasts for three days to celebrate the year's hard work.

"It's that time of the year again," Kaz observed as he looked around. "The city is slowly getting into the festive spirit."

"You gotta do something to counter the gloomy winter," Loganel explained as he took in the beautiful colored ribbons that was decoratively hung over the doors of stores. "Otherwise things would be too—"

Loganel was interrupted by something that caught his attention. He walked past a girl, whose long dark scarlet hair moved in the air behind her while she walked. Their eyes met for a brief second, and those crimson eyes of hers left a heavy impression in Loganel's memory. As Loganel and the girl passed by, Loganel's nose was able to pick up an extremely alluring and pleasant aroma, a scent that was oddly familiar, but Loganel could not pinpoint where he had smelled this scent before. This scent made him feel warm and increased the rate of his heartbeat. It reminded him of something extremely tranquil, almost as if something he would feel in a long, pleasant slumber.

Loganel halted in his steps and turned to observe the girl that he had just passed by. She continued on walking and unlike Loganel, she had no intent to stop. A mysterious feeling started rising in Loganel's mind; it was rather unpleasant and difficult to cope with, almost as if he had allowed something extremely important to slip away in his life. He wanted to reach out towards the girl, jog and catch up to her, and ask her whether or not they've met prior to this random encounter on the streets. However, just as he was pondering whether or not he should act, his thoughts were interrupted.

"What's wrong?" Kaz asked as he stopped in his footsteps and looked over his shoulders at Loganel.

"Nothing," Loganel shook his head.

"Then let us continue on."

Tetsuya and Kaz resumed their walk once again, leaving Loganel still lingering about in his original position. He quickly looked in the direction that girl had walked off in but was unable to spot her figure among the crowd. A sense of regret and frustration filled his mind, but he shook it off and jogged after his friends so as to catch up.

She...seems so familiar...Loganel placed a hand over his heart. It's like something is throbbing within me...I think it's that blade he gave me, Zwielgr...

Loganel looked down at the magical storage ring that he wore on his left middle finger, almost as if seeing through the ring and into the magical dimension at the mystical blade that he stored within it.

"Hold up," Kaz suddenly stopped and brought his hand before Tetsuya so as to halt him and Loganel. "I think that's the girls."

"Huh, where?" Tetsuya stretched his neck so as to see through the crowd.