Chapter 27

The sound of running water stirred Loganel from what he thought to be a deep slumber. He slowly opened his eyes to a familiar yet alien ceiling, and he then blinked to make sure that he was in fact awake. He discovered that he was sitting curled up in the corner of a familiar room, the room that had appeared in his dreams, the room that the mysterious young man Logan inhabited.

Nearby on the computer desk, the same machine sat there with a soft humming sound that was barely audible to Loganel. On the desk was the stack of letters that Loganel had recalled looking over a year ago during that time when he had lost conscious while fighting the Iliad, the armored figure during the Ekeletas Ruins expedition. The computer desk still appeared to be the only clean spot in the formerly messy room, but it would appear that the young man that inhabits the room was in fact cleaning the place up.

Loganel's eyes followed the young man as he returned from the restroom with a wet towel in his hands. He watched as the young man began cleaning the surfaces of the furniture within his apartment with the towel, observing the young man's emotionless face. However, despite this, Loganel could feel a sense of accomplishment from the young man's actions.

The young man, Logan, continued cleaning his small apartment, ignoring Loganel since Loganel was invisible to him. Gradually, the messy room became an acceptable cleanliness, which was a polar opposite as the room was the last time Loganel was in this world.

Loganel smiled, feeling satisfied and content that the young man has started cleaning his room. He recalled the unsent letters that he had read a year ago when he was in this same apartment, and for some reason, Loganel felt relieved from the gloomy burden those letters had placed on him. He knew that Logan had still not gotten over his last relationship with it holding him back in his daily life and causing him tremendous suffering. Therefore, Loganel hoped that Logan could move on from it.

The room's cleaning process soon led Logan to the computer table. As the young man wiped the surface of his desk with the towel, he came across the thick stack of unsent letters that he had began writing for his lover that he had not had any contact with in the past seven years. Within those letters are the purest of his emotions. They were all filled with every single part of his soul, from when he was drunk to when he was sober, these letters had defined who Logan was and what he had felt. It recorded his daily life in the past seven years, making it similar to his dairy. He had intended for it to be meant for his lover, Lilith, but seeing how he had stopped all contact with her that one day through text message seven years ago, he does not know her current address. Even when he had attempted to call her number a few years ago, all that he discovered was that the number was no longer in use. Therefore, Logan had no possible way to contact the girl now.

Stay strong, Loganel thought as he watched the young man.

The young man had picked up the letters and began to read over it. He chuckled occasionally, and trails of tears started to slowly form on his cheeks. He sunk down into his computer chair and buried his forehead into his right hand while holding the letter with his left.

Come on... Loganel frowned.

The scenery around Loganel then began to change. Logan's apartment room began to fade away, and in its place was the open streets of an urban environment that felt oddly familiar to Loganel. Overhead, the bright sun shined in the blue sky, and in the air, flower petals flew about as the gentle spring wind blew by.

Looking down the street, Loganel saw a teenage boy and a teenage girl, probably in fifteen years of age, walking down the street and towards him. The two were dressed in what Loganel perceived to be school uniforms and were just walking in mere silence. Loganel discovered that the boy resembled Logan.