Chapter 12

Back in the safety of the city walls of Astalan, Loganel and his party immediately started for the Adventurer's Guild. They passed through the already streets of Astalan that was already dark due to the earlier sun set in the winter season, and finally made it to the Guild.

In front of the Guild, Loganel could see people dressed in armor and other gear exiting and entering the Guild building. They appeared to be in a quite joyful mood, probably because they survived the day or just got paid. Their energetic aura made the frost feel alleviated as the wholesome view made Loganel cherish his then safety.

The party rushed to enter the Guild, and once within the Guild, the burning fireplace in the hub area warmed their bodies. Their stiff fingers slowly defrosted, and they could gradually feel their face once again.

Tetsuya and Kaz approached the front counter, bringing with them a sense of relaxation as they allowed their guard to slowly be let down. With a fatigued look on their face, the greeted the female Guild employee behind the counter with a tired smile.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

The employee, unlike Tetsuya and Kaz, appeared quite energetic, and her warm friendly smile almost made the two forget the trying day. In fact, it is a requirement for the position. Since the majority of Adventurers are males, the Guild mainly hires pretty, youthful girls.

"We would like to report a monster spotting," Tetsuya began speaking.

"We found a Behemoth in the deep forest south of Astalan," Kaz added.

"Is that so?" The young woman handed Tetsuya a piece of paper and pen. "Please fill out the form in regards to where the beast is sighted."

"Thank you," Tetsuya whispered as he accepted the form and pen.

"The Guild will send a registered specialist out to investigate the accuracy of your report," the employee explained, "and if the report is factual, the Guild will post a special Hunt mission."

"Got it," Tetsuya said as he handed the form and pen back to the employee. "That's it for today."

"Thank you for your cooperation," the young woman smiled warmly. "And please stay safe."

"Thank you," Tetsuya smiled in response.

Afterwards, Kaz and Tetsuya returned back to their party mates who were huddled around the camp fire in the lounge area of the Guild. In their hands, they held onto a cup of hot chocolate that was provided for free to registered Adventurers.

"How'd it go?" Sheriel asked.

"They say they'll have to send someone out to confirm the sighting first," Tetsuya answered. "Then they'll post the mission."

"I know it's the way the system works but..." Kaz frowned and crossed his arms. "It still hurts when someone doesn't trust your tracking absolutes."

"We trust your abilities," Marilin said in order to comfort Kaz. "But its just the way the system works."

"So that's it for the day," Tetsuya announces. "And since it's unlikely that the Behemoth Hunt mission will be posted tomorrow, let's avoid the deep forest and head elsewhere tomorrow. Any suggestions?"

"There's the Moran Mountains up north," Marilin suggested. "But it's kinda cold right now..."

"Yeah," Kaz nodded. "Plus I don't like the cold that much; it really messes with my agility."

"Where else?" Sheriel looked around at the others.

"Underground Sewers?" Loganel suggested. "If you don't mind the stench..."