Chapter 28

"When she is away," the voice continued on as the world around Loganel faded away and changed into one of Logan, somewhat older now, sitting at his desk and smiling as he read the messages he had received from Lilith on his phone. "We would still stay in contact, either by phone or by text messages."

Loganel looked on as the young Logan walked around his room, smiling with his phone in his hands. Then, it would appear that the time in the world was sped up and life went on as always for Logan. He would leave for school in the morning, talk with Lilith before going to sleep, and sleep until the next day comes once again. This cycle repeated day after day until Logan was almost turning eighteen.

"Everyday, I would try to talk to her," the voice said. "Initially, for the first few months, we talked daily. Then, it became twice a week. After that, once a week. And after that, only a few times each month. In the end, I would sit at my desk at night, waiting for a phone call and response from her to my messages."

Loganel watched as the young Logan sat in his chair, chin resting against the surface of his computer desk, and watching his phone as he waited for a response. Logan sighed as he stared with a deep yearning at the message screen on his phone. He felt an indescribable frustration building up within him as he realized that the distance between the two of them seemed to have increased as time went by, and whatever love that had been borne that spring was slowly dying out.

"At the train station," the voice continued, "I knew that it would be best if I do not bring my hopes up. The distance between the two of us is too much, to high of a wall to conquer. It is inevitable that things will die out and we will lose contact. But...at the time I didn't care. I was so blinded by the fact that for a moment, for a brief moment her heart belonged to me. I...I couldn't imagine that things would fade away so fast... That was why as a last ditch effort to keep whatever it is that we have left, I sent her that invitation when we next talked."

"Hello?" Logan said into his phone one day.

Loganel could not hear what the person on the other end is saying, but Loganel was pretty sure that it must be Lilith. He was also engrossed in the story of the mysterious young man, so he kept quiet and focused all of his attention on what the boy was saying. He observed Logan's body language, hoping that through that he would be able to tell whether what the person on the other end was saying was what Logan had hoped to hear or not.

"Hey I was just wondering," Logan said with a nervous and hesitant voice. "Winter break is about to be here, and you know, we haven't seen each other for almost two years now...So ugh...do you wanna meet up? I have everything all planned out, like we can meet at somewhere that is a nice tourisy area, and we can like...take a small trip? Just the two of us..."

Logan strolled about his room, walking back and forth out of nervousness. He used his left hand to hold the phone up to his ear, and with his right hand, he toyed with his fingers, moving his hands about as a sign of fear. His facial expression seemed extremely tense as he listened to the response from his girlfriend.

"We don't have to stay too long if you don't want to," Logan said, his voice trembling somewhat as he felt desperate. "Maybe like one night and head home the next day..."

He then remained silent as he listened to what Lilith had to say. Then, that expression of fear and nervousness became one of joy.

"Really?" He smiled happily. "I'll start looking for a place to visit and a place to stay. So winter break, right? Alright...see you then."

He hung up the call and smiled as he gazed at the screen on his phone. His eyes was fixed on the picture of Lilith above her phone number in her contact menu.