Chapter 64

Days go by and without anything notable as life slowly lost its color for Loganel. Everything just appeared so much more bland to him for some reason after his failure at Rostindel. His daily life of leaving the city to hunt in the wild as well as completing quests has became extremely boring to him and he only did so out of necessity to earn money to support himself. When he would return home, he would be greeted by the apathetic Mistivera who would simply mind her own business, often neglecting him and leaving him alone to his own thoughts. Even if he turned to his siblings, he would often find his older sister with Adol and his older brother away for his own hunts and quests. It was only during those lonely nights alone by the fire with Mazriel in his laps that he would truly realize how alone growing up has made him.

Since it was a school week, Loganel decided to attend the lectures that were being given on the divine branch of the arcane. However, he wasn't particularly enthusiastic about it for he could no longer conjure any holy Mana within him. Therefore, everything that he listened in was completely pointless. Despite this, Loganel continued attending classes since these were the rare moments when he could finally meet up with Avelin, the mother-like figure in his life during his stay in the city of Astalan.

"You seem oddly tired these days," his teacher and mentor would ask as she focused on preparing at her desk for the next lecture. Avelin looked over at Loganel with a look of concern on her face as she recognized the recent decline in Loganel's vigor. 

"I'm just a bit tired these days," Loganel sighed. "Plus I haven't been able to sleep well at night..."

"Is something wrong?" Avelin frowned as she gazed over at the youngest son of her own mentor and the very boy she had watch grow up with her blue eyes. She got up from her desk and walked over to him, and placed a gentle hand on his forehead. "Doesn't feel like there's a fever or anything."

This gentle gesture of care had a calming effect on Loganel as he felt Avelin's cold yet caring hands on his forehead. It was a sensation that he was deprived of for quite some time as the past few months he was forced to mature greatly after everything that he had endured from the loss of his arm, to his sudden inheritance of the grand will of Iliad to bring peace to the world, and ultimately to his failure at Rostindel. Everything just hit him one after the other with little to no time for rest in between, making him feel extremely overwhelmed and stressed. This stress was then compounded by the fact that everyone that cared for him had slowly faded away from his life. His older siblings had their own schedules to attend to. Iry was gone as well along with Azura, the only person in the party that Loganel felt as if he could be himself when around. It also does not help that Mistivera hold such an apathetic attitude towards him as she's more occupied with fulfilling. He felt somewhat at peace knowing that there were still people that cared for him in this world, but... nothing can last forever.

"Sorry," Avelin apologized as she looked over at the clock for the time. "It's time for my next lecture."

"Right..." Loganel muttered in response. 

He frowned as he realized that this meant he will once again have to be alone. Then, with a simple sigh, he looked up and followed Avelin out of her office and watched as she locked the door. There really wasn't much that he could do about this situation, so the only thing he can do was simply to endure that empty feeling as life continued on as usual.

After parting with Avelin, Loganel decided to skip the remainder of the classes he had for the day, and instead, he opted to return to his dorms to simply lay on his bed and rest. There really wasn't much left for him to do in life except simply passing time and waiting everything out until the next big event in his life occurs. There are actually plenty on the schedule with the arrival of his parents who will come to visit as well as the Stelis Banquet where Iry and Azura's fate will be decided.