Chapter 67

With a look of surprise on his face, Loganel gazed at the prince's face. It was obvious that he had rushed over in a hurry as he was breathing heavily. Looking behind the prince, Loganel saw two horses, one for the prince and one for the butler who served as his body guard.

He ditched the carriage and rode here... Loganel observed in his mind.

"Loganel," Prince Adol brought a hand to his heart as he tried to calm his palpitating heart. "May I speak to Baron Ainzloft?"

"Uh..." Loganel was taken by surprise by the prince's enthusiastic and sudden inquiry. Yet, he knows that no matter how he views the prince, he is in no position to decline.

"Who's at the door?" Laurina's voice approached from behind Loganel. "Adol!"

Loganel looked over his shoulders and saw his older sister. On her face was a look of pleasant surprise with a smile that was concealed under her hands as she covered her mouth with both hands. Her gaze immediately softened when she saw her lover, and she understood as well the meaning of his visit.

"May I enter?" Prince Adol asked once again.

"Of course," Laurina stepped forward towards the door, making it so that Loganel had to step to the side to allow her through. "Loganel, tell father of the Prince Adol's arrival."

Loganel, still somewhat surprised by Adol's sudden appearance, nodded and started walking down the hallway. His mind was still confused as to what had happened that he forgot that he know nothing about the layout of the house. But, it was too late to go back as Laurina had begun chatting with her lover as the two made their way over to the living room and Loganel did not see it fit to disturb them.

With a frown on his face, Loganel continued down the hallway, stepping on the wooden floor of this large and unfamiliar house as he searched for where the study may possibly be. With a hand on the wall that was painted a beige color, Loganel approached each closed door and knocked, hoping that he will somehow come across the study by using this method.

Is the study upstairs? Loganel questioned as he passed by another door without a response.

Before he knew it, Loganel wandered into the kitchen where Maria and Avelin were preparing dinner. He had subconsciously wandered over here even though he knew from the start that there was no way that the study would be located here where there were the soft sound of a knife making contact with a cutting board. However, he was attracted by the aroma of the meals that his mother and her former apprentice was cooking up.

"Loganel?" Maria acknowledged his appearance after she turned around. "Where's Laurina?"

"Um..." Loganel paused and took a deep breath. "Prince Adol is here."

"Prince Adol?" Maria and Avelin both exclaimed at the same time. On both their faces were a shocked countenance as they were obviously not expecting the attendance of the next King of Astalan.

"Laurina asked me to notify Father," Loganel continued and smiled in an awkward manner. "But I don't know where the study is located."

"First room to the left on the second floor," Maria quickly responded. "Tell your Father quick. We must not keep the Prince waiting for too long."

With a nod, Loganel notified his mother that he had received her command and immediately started making his way to the stairway that he recalled seeing just earlier when entering the house. He passed by the living room as he made his journey, and he heard Prince Adol conversing with Laurina as well as with Mistivera who must have been introduced to the prince by Laurina.

After walking up the stairs, Loganel immediately saw the room that his mother had pointed out to him. Loganel paused before the closed door, and he could hear the soft voices of his Father and older brother conversing. What they were talking about, Loganel was not sure of as he was unable to make out the words that the two were saying. However, Loganel still felt somewhat guilty for disrupting them. But, this was a necessary disturbance.