Chapter 65

The setting sun dyed the distant sky a beautiful fiery orange as the world slowly welcomed nightfall. However, there were still plenty of sunlight as it was no longer winter and spring had taken control over the world. Since it was dusk, the main gates of Astalan was even busier than usual as many commoners living in nearby towns and villages who had came to the capital city to buy necessities or sell their produce were departing for home. In addition, there were also travelers who scurried about as they yearned to enter the city before the gates close for the night. 

Loganel kept his vision fixed on the entrance of the gated in search of a carriage that bore the familiar emblem of the Ainzloft family. Searching beside him was his older sister and older brother who were equally excited as he was to be finally reunited with their parents after spending years away from them and in the main capital.

Loganel's heart pounded in his chest as he held his breath. The constant and chaotic noise of the wagon wheels rolling in and out of the city, in addition to the footsteps and chattering voices of the people, made it quite difficult for him to focus. Even then, his strong will allowed him to concentrate on his task at hand as he stared without blinking at the entrance way for the carriage. 

"There it is!" Laurina pointed out with great excitement and joy on her face as she and her siblings saw the fluttering flag on a black chariot with the familiar emblem of the Ainzloft family.

"Should we go stop the carriage?" Loganel looked over at Redgilus and asked.

"I guess we can stand on the road in front of it," Redgilus nodded. "But don't stand directly before it. You don't want to get run over."

The three quickly mobilized, squeezing through the crowd as they hurried to make their way to a visible spot by the main road as the Ainzloft carriage waited to pass through the inspection. When Loganel last looked over at the gates, it would appear that the soldiers were clearing the way for the carriage as they recognize the symbol of nobility and gave the carriage priority passing, neglecting the long line of commoners who stood waiting to be inspected before passing through.

"This is a good spot," Laurina commented as they stopped at the side of the road in a spot that will be hard to miss by the carriage driver.

"Looks like they've passed through the gates fine," Redgilus commented.

Loganel redirected his gaze over at the Ainzloft carriage that was being pulled by two horses with reins going to the hands of the driver. The driver, Loganel and his siblings did not recognize. However, they are still certain that this carriage was the one carrying their parents as the emblem of Ainzloft will never lie as it flew and fluttered in the wind.

The carriage quickly approached and Redgilus, being the eldest son, stepped a foot forward in the path of the carriage and waved towards the driver, gesturing for him to pull over and stop. The driver acknowledged Redgilus, but appeared as if he was unwilling to pull over and ignored Redgilus's request as there was no signs of slowing down from the driver.

"What the hell," Redgilus muttered.

"Can't help it," Laurina sighed. "Our appearances are so different from then...."

"Loganel," Redgilus called the name of his younger brother. "Help me stop this carriage. Sis, just wait on the side."

"Got it," Loganel responded. 

He stepped onto the road before the carriage with Redgilus and held up his hand in a gesture to call for the driver to stop. Instead of complying, the driver simply brought his reins to the other side in order to steer the horses around them. This gesture by the driver annoyed Loganel, making him quite irritated that his presence was being ignored. Therefore, he took a step forward towards the carriage, slowing increasing his speed as he took another, and hopped onto the driver's seat. This surprised the driver who let out a loud cry of astonishment, making him pull hard on the reins so as to stop the horses and prevent a crash.