Chapter 30

"I'm thinking about attending college that is overseas."

These simple words confused Logan. He was unable to comprehend initially what she had meant. However, as he laid there in silence, thinking over her words, the message slowly began to set in.

"You're...gonna leave the country?" Logan gazed at her with wild, bewildered eyes, unable to believe what she had just said.

"I wanted her to deny it," the voice echoed in Loganel's head. "How I wanted her to lose that serious expression that was on her face, smile, and tell me that she was joking. I wanted her to mock me and ridicule me for believing a joke. However...none of that happened. She was serious."

The mysterious boy that resembled both Loganel and Logan then looked away from Loganel and turned his head such that he was looking at the two that was on the bed. Loganel observed the sad, solemn expression on this mysterious boy, taking in the nostalgic expression of sadness that was on display on his face. For some reason, he felt as if he could also feel the same emotions that this boy was feeling, which he believed it to be quite odd.

"Yeah," Lilith sadly smiled and looked into Logan's eyes as the two of them sat up on the bed. "Once school ends...I will be leaving the country. It's quite far away, and flight tickets are quite expensive so...I don't think I will be able to return regularly."

"..."

Logan listened in silence. He couldn't speak. His mind was ravaged by the news of her departure. Like a tornado, this news came out of no where, ripping apart all traces of happiness and solitude in his heart, leaving in its path a devastated path of destruction. He felt that merely living in different cities was a far enough distance between the two of them that slowly eroded their emotions for each other, so he could not fathom what life would be like if an entire ocean separated them.

"I was afraid that our love would die out," the mysterious boy looked on at the couple on the bed with a hint of sadness in his eyes. "I was afraid that it will slowly fade away as time and distance separated us. It's a terrible feeling...the idea of letting someone you love dearly go...I couldn't imagine it. Even if I did, all I could see was the dark future, a world that she does not exist in."

"Can you...not go?" Logan frowned as he hugged his girlfriend tightly in fears of losing her to fate. "Please...stay with me." He said with tears forming in his eyes.

"Logan..." Lilith eyed her boyfriend with sadness as she reached her arms behind him and returned the embrace. "It's for my future. Please do not try and restrain me."

Her voice was so steady and determined that Loganel felt as if his own heart was being gripped tightly. As Loganel looked on, he noticed the sharp difference between the two. Logan was the one that was panicking, with his heart trembling as he grabbed on tightly to the girl that was so close yet so far away. As for Lilith, Loganel noticed that although she tried to conceal it to the best of her abilities, that slight tremble in her voice betrayed everything.

"She didn't want to leave him," Loganel commented as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Logan," Lilith continued on. "Will you...will you support my decision?"

"..." Logan didn't say anything. Instead, he merely maintained his embrace with his girlfriend, the person he loved dearly that he might be seeing for the last time ever. He felt the softness and warmth of her body, carving into his memories this feeling because he feared that this might actually be the last time he will be able to be intimate with her ever again.

"...Let's sleep for the night," Lilith whispered in a soft, gentle voice into Logan's ear, soothing Logan's frightened mind and lulling him to sleep.