Chapter 66

Walking beside Loganel and down the streets of Astalan was Mistivera who simply kept her head high and her eyes on the road before her as she walked. Unlike Loganel, she does not seem to be plagued by fear or nervousness as there was simply a void of emotion on her face and in her eyes. Loganel looked down at the sky which was dotted with bright stars that shined in the sky which was transitioning from the sun's orange dye to the darkness of nighttime. However, since the sun was still up in the sky and was not completely down, in the western horizon of the sky was the beautiful and mesmerizing blend of orange to light purple with the purple increasing in darkness the further east you go across the sky. He was quite nervous as he let out a sigh. Loganel looked over at Mistivera, taking in her pretty face and its apathetic expression, and for some reason simply cannot calm his mind. He believed that it must be the fact that he will have to be lying to his parents that made him feel this repulsive feeling, but... he really doesn't have a choice in the matter. The situation had sort of piled up one on top of the other and ultimately leading to this meeting between his so-called "fiance" and his parents.

The two soon branched off from the busy commercial streets and onto a residential one that was situated near the center of Astalan. This was the exact same street that Avelin had taken him to about a year or so ago prior to his departure for the Ekeletas expedition. The wealthy-looking houses of the street still appeared like he had remembered and were all quite distinguishing in appearance when compared to the regular homes of commoners as the residents here were mostly low-ranked nobles as well as wealthy merchants. That means that the houses on this street are still minuscule in scale and luxurious levels when compared to the one owned by Duke Joseph Stelis.

Soon, Loganel came across a familiar house that Avelin had shown him last year as well as being the one where his parents were dropped off at. Loganel gulped as he stood before the small closed metal gates as he stared past the fences and at the building. It was a large house when compared to the residential areas of commoners and in those many windows, lights spilled out from it signifying the return of activity and livelihood to this otherwise once dead and vacant house in Astalan.

"So this is where we will be living for a while," Mistivera commented as she gazed at the building.

"Yeah..." Loganel muttered in response. 

"It would appear that this location provides a higher living standard than your dorms," Mistivera said as she took a step towards the closed gates. However, just as she was reaching her hand for the black metal gate, she peered over at Loganel and paused. "Is something the matter?"

"Nothing," Loganel shook his head. "Let's go..."

After entering past the metal gate and into the front yard of the Ainzloft family's Astalan residence, Loganel slowly closed the gate behind him and the two of them took a few steps until they reached the front door of the house that was underneath the cover of an extended roofing that was supported by stone bricks. With a nervous feeling in his chest, Loganel slowly brought his hand up to the door and knocked on it gently with his knuckle. It wasn't long before the dark oak door with its intricately carved patterns was opened by Laurina who smiled and greeted the two.

"Welcome home," she said with a large smile on her face as she greeted the two. She then stepped to the side and allowed her younger brother as well as his fiance to enter the house before she slowly closed the door. "Dinner will be ready in a bit," she said as she led the two down the small hallway and towards the living room.

Upon entering the living room, Loganel was surprised by how clean it was. If he had recalled correctly, which he was pretty certain he did, this house was vacant for a long time now. Therefore, the lack of dust preplexed him.