Chapter 29

Warning:

Before we begin, I must say that this chapter contains adult content that might be unsuitable for children. AKA, NSFW content.

——————————Break Line——————————

The scenery around Loganel faded away in particles, taking with it the light and leaving Loganel in an empty world. However, those particles soon quickly rearranged themselves and formed the next scene for Loganel to observe.

In this scene, Logan and Lilith were no longer in the hotel. Rather, they were walking around outside, holding hands as they walked and observed the beautiful scenery around them. Where they were located at was a popular national park among couples during the winter due to the beautiful, almost mystical, frost flowers that grow from ice. At night, when the silvery moonlights shines down, it would get absorbed by the ice petals of the frost flowers and emit a beautiful glow underneath the starry sky.

"It's quite pretty in the day as well," Lilith commented as she rested her head on Logan's shoulder.

"Yeah..." Logan glanced over at her, and with a feeling of great relief, whispered in agreement.

"But," Lilith then continued to say. "Although beautiful as is...it doesn't feel quite alive. It seems to have no life, these frost flowers."

"They are shaped from ice," Logan frowned after sensing an unfounded anxiety slowly building up within him.

"Right," Lilith frowned as she gazed at the beautiful yet lifeless flower. "It does not correlate with spring, rather, it correlates with winter, the season of death and slumber."

"..."

Logan didn't say anything as he merely stood there by Lilith's side, allowing her to rest herself against him and enjoying her presence. He cherished every single second of it, knowing that tomorrow they will once again be separated.

"At that moment," the voice said once again within Loganel's head. "All that I wanted was to be by her side, for eternity. I would rather time itself freeze at that exact moment than progress into the uncertain future. At least at that moment, all was happy, and I didn't know about Lilith's plans for the future. If I didn't know...I wouldn't have made that decision."

The couple then began walking further down the path, treading the snow covered trail with Loganel following behind them. He was focused on their every interaction, and he felt an almost unnatural attraction to what they were doing. His heart beat rapidly as he awaited the events of Logan's life to play out before him, almost as if he was thinking that the more he learns about the young man, the more this feeling of anxiety within him would fade away.

Night soon fell upon the couple and they soon returned back to their hotel room after eating a simple dinner at a restaurant nearby the hotel. It wasn't the most luxurious room since it was paid by Logan, who was just a high school student. Because he was the eighteen, the hotel had allowed him to book the room, and since he doesn't have the financial capabilities, he did not book two rooms. Instead, he book a single room with two beds.

When the couple returned to their hotel rooms, they relieved themselves of their heavy winter jacket and placed them on the chair by the window of the room. Lilith sat down on a bed out of fatigue and carefully tidied her hair. Logan stood there, watching her and the room around her, attempting to gather the courage to overcome his nervousness and ask Lilith which bed she want to sleep in for the night. However, before Logan could acquire the courage to say so, Lilith got up and started for the bathroom with a set of clothing to change out of in hand.

"I'll take a shower first," she smiled playfully as she disappeared behind the locked door leading to the bathroom.

Then, the sound of water splashing against the bathtub could be heard. Logan sat down on the bed closest to the window with his back turned away from the bathroom. His face was red as he struggled to control himself. His entire mind seemed to be filled with the thought that a girl was bathing so close to his proximity that he could not relax. His heart pounded in his chest and Logan attempted to use deep breathing to calm himself. However, even that failed. He could hear the soft humming of Lilith as she showered, and that made matters even worse for him.