future! tom x leader! reader

●readers pov●

I sat at my desk, organizing papers on my army.

What army? Im the f/c leader.

I stood atop that throne with only one other, my boyfriend thomas ridgewell.

He had a digital visor, and was a little bit of an alcoholic but he wasnt to be concerned.

I consider myself a monster, because when i killed the red army, those soldiers at one point had a family.

Each was a unique person, that fell at my feet.

Its my fault that theyre dead...

My own thoughts cut into me like knives, slicing through logic, reason and happiness.

My emotions flooding like a tsunami as i felt tears pricking at my eyes.

A knock on my door was heard, before my dearest boyfriend sauntered in.

The grin on his face fell once he saw the tears, and he rushed over fast.

He leaned over the desk i sat at, grasping my smaller hands in his calloused ones.

"Honey-" i cut him off.

"Thomas, i need to tell you something."

"We've been together for years now and i was thinking."

"How do you love me? Ive killed millions of men and you hold my hand like when we were kids."

"What i mean to say is, i think you should find somebody better, somebody who hasn't murdered armies and waged war."

I could barely keep from sobbing, and my hands shook so much his tremored from the motion.

I expected him to up and leave, take up my offer and go, but he walked around the desk, picked me up and sat with me on his lap.

"I cant do that, you're not a murderer you did it with good intentions." He began.

"The red army was murderous, and you did the world a favor by taking them out."

"You should consider yourself a hero, not a villain. The world would be in shambles..."

His hand placed on my cheek.

"If it weren't for you."