Tom x neko! reader x edd

In this au, all cats/dogs/pets are kinda like little kids and most can't talk, or at least not very much.

C/n = your cat name (pick a nickname or your real name idc)

☆Reader pov☆

I sit in the store, other neko racing around and playing with each other.

Most of them were perfect, colorful hair and eyes, perfectly groomed, etc.

I only had h/c hair I've been made to believe was dull, e/c eyes and my ears and tail were that of a h/c tabby cat.

I wasn't vibrant and didn't squeal or beg for passing people to adopt me, because they just wouldn't.

The others wore extravagant clothes, even going as far as crop tops to get attention. I preferred t-shirts and hoodies and pants with tennis shoes.

The others were even taller and bigger, each standing at about 2-3ft while I was a runt, standing at 1.5 feet.

The only thing I had against the others was that I was actually smart, smart enough to have to potential to have learned tricks and mimic words from others I heard.

I knew a few words, but nobody cared. They never heard me over the mewls of the other neko.

I only had one friend, her name was fluffy. She was a pastel pink haired neko with red eyes and she was like a big sister when I was young.

She got adopted because she could mimic singing,  and taught me a few songs she had learned.

That was months ago.

I remembered her as I sat on the floor, watching the old lady who sold us. She was nice to me, and since I was smart enough to stay out of trouble, she let me roam the pet store.

I heard the bell ring as three guys entered, one in green, one in blue, and one in purple.

They talked to the owner and then began looking around, stopping at the neko pen and looking at the now rambunctious neko who were begging for attention.

I watched from nearby, amazingly they weren't cooing at the neko or freaking out, they actually looked rather, uncertain.

They approached the old lady and talked with her again, I couldn't hear from my spot but she laughed and then headed my way.

I flinched a little as she picked me up and carried me over, gently setting me on the counter in front of the three guys.

"This is the neko for you if you're looking for a docile one, she doesn't cause trouble and is pretty smart." Her voice crooned, a hand on my head.

My ears flattened and tail twitched, slit eyes examining these strange guys before me, the blue one didnt have eyes as far as I could tell.

"Then I guess we'll take this one." The green one says, my eyes widen, they were actually buying me, I was actually LEAVING.

They paid and we left. I examined the outside world before we got into a 'car' and it began to move.

I looked at the guy who was holding the pet crate I was in, it was the blue one. He interested me so I stuck my small hand trough the bars and wrapped it around his finger and examined his large hand.

I couldn't tell, but I assume he's looking at me as his mouth turns slightly upwards. I respond by smiling, showing every little fang in my mouth.

Soon, we stop and I release his finger and put both hands on the bars. We walk towards a house amongst others in a neighborhood and they step inside.