(REWRITTEN) monster! Matt x reader

Bat boi for spoop time.

...

I K N O W I T ' S S T I L L  N O T T I M E

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

◇reader pov◇

I sat on my couch, bundled into a fluffy blanket. My phone sat in my s/c hand as I waited to watch movies with my friend/crush, Matt.

We had a routine that each Friday he would come over to my place to watch movies, have makeovers, and just generally be together.

But this time, he was really late, and since it was raining I feared he was caught in the storm. Just as my mind was leading me to think he was dead, a knock on the door pulled me to my senses.

With the blanket still around my shoulders, I quickly raced to the door, opening it to find a rain soaked Matt. His usually fluffy ginger hair lay over his sapphire blue eyes.

I let him in and closed the door, and he took off his shoes, shivering. I felt sympathy for the poor ginger, who was probably freezing.

He opened his mouth, but before he spoke I answered him.

"You can borrow my bathroom to dry off, blow drier and styling conditioner are in the cabinet." I returned to my warm spot on the couch, and he walked upstairs.

"Thanks y/n, I owe ya one." He said, and I also distantly smelled something on him, maybe a hair spray?

Oh well, I shrugged it off, playing on my phone for a bit while he dried off.

●skip cuz Imma bad writer●

After awhile, I grew bored and climbed the stairs to check on Matt. As I approached the door, I heard noises of pain.

"Augh! It... wasn't supposed... to work.. like this! This... isn't what... She told-... ack!" I heard, and I knocked.

"Mattie? Are you ok?" I asked, and I heard more noises.

"Y/n! St-ay out I l-look hideous! Aaaahh!" His voice cut off suddenly, and my concern grew tenfold.

"Mattie? Matt! I'm coming in!" I called, and grabbing a baseball bat, sharply kicked the door in with a swift movement.

To my great surprise, my friend wasn't in the room, but a ginger bat laying on the sink and staring at the mirror horrified.

(In this, he's a flying fox *kind of bat* that get very large, like a 4ft wingspan)

Once it saw my weapon, it flinched and fell off the sink, then laying on the floor with its wings on its face and almost... crying?

I had a soft spot for animals, and dropped the baseball bat quickly, kneeling in front of the bat.

"H-hey buddy, look I'm not gonna hurt you." I said, not knowing if he felt the same.

It made a chittering noise, moving slightly closer. This caused me to back up, still not knowing if it was safe.

I quickly googled this, but the end result said I had some disease, so I called linnea up.

"Linnie what's this?" I asked and texted her a picture.

After a short pause, there was a response.

"Flying fox, species of large bat that eats fruit." Was her response.

We ended the call, and I examined the nocturnal creature crawling towards me across the floor.

"I guess it's ok..." I put my hand out and the bat latched onto it, chittering and looking at me.

I stiffened as it crawled from my hand to my shoulder, tiny claws digging into my clothes.

Soon, it's little face was next to mine, and it made a cute face that I violent resist to soften up at.

"Awwwe I guess you're not all that bad..." I cooed, slowly running my finger over it's head.

I turned to look around, growing worried.

"Where did Matt go?" I asked, the bat squeaked, but I couldn't find my dear friend even as I scoured the house, turning it nearly upside down.

After many failed attempts of searching the house, I took to the streets and began to search the neighborhood.

Every time I called Matt's name, the batt would make a noise of response, probably due to me yelling.

Soon, I returned, plopping on the couch. My hand plunged under the couch to retrieve a select item.

It was a hair brush, but with a mirror on the back that I had made specifically for the freckled ginger. I turned the object in my hand, tears building up.

"Does he even like me?" I huffed, wounding my own self esteem. The bat let out a loud squeal, and I could feel it's wings on my face.

"Probably not." That was the thought that murdered my confidence and buried the body.

The bat continued to make several distressed noises, wiping tears off my cheeks with its wings and speaking.

After awhile, I had stopped crying, and placed my hand of the bats back, it's face on my cheek.

"Maybe I should ask him out." I said, looking at my phone to see it was very late out.

"I'll find him tomorrow, and ask him then." I nodded, the bat looking at me with an unreadable yet happy expression.

I flinched when it yawned, showing off some sharp fangs for a fruit bat. Guess it was tired too, because my brain was screaming for sleep.

I stood, the bat shifting to my shoulder and clinging there. I can't keep calling it the bat, it needs a name.

"I should name you..." I hummed, walking up the stairs.

"How about..."

"Fluffy?"

Nope

"Pretty boy?"

Nope but likes the compliment.

"Little tom?"

Aw hell naw.

I released a sigh, this bat hasn't accepted any name, but since it responded to it earlier...

"Matt jr.?"

The bat looked up, and squeaked at the name.

"Matt Jr. It is..." I shrug, placing Matt Jr. down on my bed and grabbing my pajamas, changing in the bathroom and climbing into bed.

Matt jr had climbed the bed to sit next to my face, looking into my eyes with a familiar look of fondness. I placed a soft kiss on his head, eyes closing.

"Goodnight Matt jr." I yawned, mind beginning to enter dreamland.

"Goodnight y/n." I heard, and my eyes snapped open to see matt, naked.

"MATTHEW HARGREAVES HOLY SHIT."