magic! edd x gypsy! reader

(Edds a magician thing, reader is a gypsy)

(Reader is kinda also a ninja, using illusions like smoke bombs, fire breathing and such)

☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆●☆

◇reader pov◇

My wrists were chained in front of me, but I couldn't bring myself to struggle, even though my impending fate.

I was captured when I was younger, both my parents were assumed dead so I scavenged by myself for food. One day, I slipped up and got caught.

Gypsies are considered trophies, many belonging to wealthy men to display their power. The male gypsies became slaves to whoever found them, they weren't valued highly.

I was captured by a strong farmer who wishes to make his sick daughter better, so he will sell me for money to see a magician who is rumored to be able to heal people.

As I sat in the wooden cart with his daughter, I could see her condition was rough. I managed to grab a rag and dip it in water to cool her high fever, and she leaned against my shoulder.

I turned to my captor, e/c eyes locking with green.

"She is not doing well, you may want to hurry." I said, gaze returning to the young girl. Her father's hand felt her forehead, and he cursed.

"Shit, it's getting worse." He growled, snapping the whip to make the horses pull faster.

As the cart moved around more, the young girl lay her head on my lap and I stroked her hair, hoping to bring her some comfort.

This farmer had lost his wife to the same illness, and now risked his daughter to its grasp.

We pull into an old abandoned town, and we stand, I shift the girl to lay down.

The farmer un cuffs my wrists, and nods at me solemnly.

"Please try to find medicine, but water and food are also important." He said, looking at his only child.

"I will return with everything I can get." I said, and turned, running barefoot into the crumbling town.

My current outfit was light so it wouldn't get overly hot, and so it could blend in with colors of sand to make me less visable in the desert

I rummaged through a tall building, managing to roof hop into another and continue the search for any supplies.

A quiet hum began to resonate from my throat into an old tune as i gracefully worked my way through the town, almost as if a dance.

At last, my feet hit the ground and I began to double check each lower building until a small cat approached me.

It wasn't a stray, but it looked tired so I poured out a small portion of the water I had found in numerous dishes and such.

The cat lapped at the water, before finishing. It purred loudly and rubbed against my legs in thanks. A small piece of cloth was tied around it's neck so I examined it.