Chapter 16.1 : The Little Change

Recommended song

Little Mix - Notice

-

"Jimin, what are you doing here?".

I asked the approaching alpha, taking note of the slight concern written over his face. He was wearing a white shirt paired with white pants, watching him stop in front of me before he replied.

"I work here, (y/n). I was really worried when I saw your name on the list. What happened?".

There it was, him purposely trying to bring up a conversation in order to be able to talk to me. I reminded myself about the fact that his scent caused issues in my relationshipa and needed to cut it as short as possible.

"Nothing serious, just a minor car accident".

I couldn't help but think of Jimin's confession, the fact that he had admitted his feelings for me. And that I had turned him down over the phone which was an obvious move. After observing my words, he took himself a moment to look me up and down before he spoke.

"A car accident? You don't seem to be affected".

"That's because my alpha was the one who got hit".

I quickly replied, feeling the time run shorter by the passing second. Jimin raised both eyebrows and seemed a little surprised, deciding to bring his thoughts to words.

"Your alpha is also here?".

"Yes, I was going to his room".

My reply should be enough to let him know that I had to go, that I needed to be by Jungkook's side. However, the blond alpha had lowered his gaze and seemed to be in deep thoughts with the frown over his face.

"You must have gone through a shock then".

"Something like that, yes".

I added quietly, watching the alpha slowly raise his gaze and meet my eyes again. I could feel it, his desire to mate me, his desire to have me in his arms. He owned a passionate love for me, something delicate but strong if handled correctly.

"Listen, I really need to go".

I said softly and began walking past him, only to be stopped by his hand that wrapped its fingers around my wrist. I froze at the sudden contact, my mind warning me about the scent that was now over me again. When I looked back, our eyes locked immediately before be began.

"Just know that I won't give up, (y/n). Not until you marry him".

There was only one way to reply to such a strong sentence. I needed something stronger, something to break his hopes so I did. I slowly raised my right hand, showing him the back side of it. The ring which my alpha had given me was still on, sparkling at the light the moment it was brought up. I showed Jimin the prove that there was no chance for him to find any hope in me, I was already gone and mated. His blue eyes took in the beautiful sight of the ring, his lips curling up to a weak smile. He may have chuckled faintly but I could tell that my action had hurt him. I hated hurting other people but he left me no other choice, he was bringing dark clouds to my relationship. He then let go of my wrist, giving me a small acknowledging nod. I didn't waste any other minute before I turned around and began walking away, an odd weight inside of my chest. I wasn't attracted to Jimin which was the main confusion of why I felt this way.

Knowing that I was now wearing Jimin's scent on me again, I slowly opened Jungkook's door and walked inside. My head was hanging low, something Jungkook instantly noticed as he watched me walk over to him.