Chapter 19.2 : Breathless

"What?".

I could feel a cold shiver run through my body, my heart sinking to my stomach while I felt my parent's eyes on me. There was something I didn't know of, a topic the adults had talked about before my arrival. Doctor Kim then repeated himself.

"I asked if you are sure that you want to be with that alpha-con".

"B-but Jungkook is not an alpha-con. I don't understand-".

My confused statement was cut off by doctor Kim's chuckle, watching him shake his head before he added.

"There are many things you don't understand".

The low tone in his voice revealed the anger he wore inside of him, feeling my mother place her hand over my layered left thigh.

"Wait, you said you're giving me back my freedom but what about the other omegas?".

I asked out loudly once I remembered the locked females. There was a frown on doctor Kim's face as he replied directly.

"That case is none of your business".

"But that is an illegal occupation!".

My mother snapped and caught even me by surprise, the whole room turning quiet once more. Doctor Kim exhaled his concealed anger and began to explain.

"I have been doing this for many years in order to achieve improvement and success. This entire work is for the cause of our future generation, for the production of more alphas. It is not approved by the public since they see it as an unnecessary torture, they are simply scared from what seems stronger than them".

The three of us and even doctor Park were completely speechless, a deep tension filling the air. I felt my omega instincts kick in and tell me to run, the fear I felt told me to hide and protect myself from this man's stare for as long as I could.

"You may leave now".

Once we heard doctor Kim speak out these words, the three of us quickly stood up and walked over to the door. We didn't want to stay close to him for any longer, he had managed to fill us all with great fear. However, I assumed that I was the only one feeling hatred for that old man and dared to look at him for the last time before leaving the room. Only doctor Park was the one who smiled and bowed down politely, but he still wore a unreadable expression on his face.

"Dear god".

I heard my mother mumble as she wiped the already fallen tears, my father sighing before spotting the blond alpha sitting by the chairs.

"Please, let us just go home and forget about all of this".

My mother begged, a soft cry in her words as she placed her hand over my father's shoulder. This action made him break the tense stare from Jimin and look his wife in the eyes. I stood right inbetween both figures, speechlessly wondering how she still wanted him in our house. I stepped closer to her and called her name quietly.

"Mom?-".

"Sweetie, it's time you go back to your alpha. We'll be home".

She cut me off and placed a firm kiss on my forehead before she grabbed my father's hand and left the scene without another word. Eyes wide open, I watched my parents leave my side once again. However, this time it felt confusing rather than painful. And all of this was caused due to the lack of information I owned about their previous conversation. Whatever they had talked about, all of them refused to share it with me.

"Is everything alright?".

Jimin asked to which I turned around to face him, realising that I had completely forgotten about his presence. There was a frown over my face as I replied.

A Little Change ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें