Chapter 10.2 : Promise

When we reached our destination, I spotted an Audi Q7 that was coloured in black and wondered how I even missed the huge vehicle. It had parked on the side street next to our house, gaining a lot attention from the neighbours since there weren't many rich people in this part of the town as it was filled mostly with betas. We stopped a few meters away from the door to have our last moment before we said goodbye to each other. As I went in for a hug, I felt Jungkook's arms slide through my waist and hug me tightly from the lower part of my back. He seemed as if he didnt't want to let go when he dropped his forehead over my shoulder.

"Thank you so much for everything".

"I shall see you again as soon as I can. And let me know when you need me".

"I will".

And with that, I stepped away from the hug and placed a soft peck on his cheek before I made my way towards the front door. The alpha watched my small body leave the scene and enter the house. Just before I disappeared out of his sight, I turned my head and sent him a sweet smile and closed the door behind me. Jungkook exhaled softly and dropped his gaze as he made his way to his awaiting car. I ran to the window of the living room to watch him and make sure that he was leaving safely. He entered the black Audi and started the engine before he drove off. As I dreamingly watched my mate leave the area, I didn't notice my approaching mother.

"So?".

I loudly gasped and felt my soul almost leave my body as her voice suddenly entered my ear. I placed my hand over my chest and threw her a glare when she started laughing.

"Mom, please don't do that".

"Dear lord, I am so sor-".

She bursted into a laughter again, gaining a loud sigh from me before I decided to leave her place after having enough. I made my way to my room lazily as my head was reshowing the picture of the smiling alpha. I had already missed his scent and his warmth and wanted him next to me again. I opened my door and stepped inside, only to be visited by my mom five minutes later.

"Come on, (y/n)! Tell me what happened!".

Her voice exposed the joy inside her and told me that she was expecting the event that had happened to actually happen. Still not being over the fact that I was proposed to, I blushed and showed her my right hand that was wearing the diamond ring. It took her two seconds before she made a high pitched scream and took me into her embrace.

"I am so happy for you, (y/n)! I'm so glad this is happening!".

As she spoke, her voice became more shaky and made me assume that she was probably gonna cry any moment now. I wrapped my weak arms around her and started to stroke her head after hearing her sob quietly.

"Mom, please. I don't like seeing you cry".

"I'm sorry, I just- you are growing up so fast".

She gently pulled back and placed both her hands on my cheeks. Her eyes were already red and swollen from the tears she had just shed but managed to form a smile before hugging me again. None of us had noticed my dad who had been watching us from behind half closed door and made an upset sigh before he walked away.

-

"So, what are the good news?".

"I'll let you guess".

After calling Lucy for a meeting, we decided to hang out at a coffee shop that had opened all week. We talked about my hospital experiences and everything around that. I had told her that I also got good news to tell her but didn't want to give it away that easily. Knowing how much she hated guessing, I watched her sigh in anger before she looked up and started to think about any possibility for something good.