Chapter 14.2 : Risky Attempt

However, this alpha seemed to be sure to meet me again. He owned such a different aura, one that forced me to keep in touch with him. This might be the effect of being an omega but I should also keep in mind that I was already mated. I wondered whether I should wait for Jungkook's arrival or go to sleep since it was quite late, placing my phone back over the nightstand. I sighed as I stared at the ceiling, taking in the beautiful musters of the wallpaper. My eyes began to grow heavier, slowly blocking my view before I closed them entirely.

-

"I'll get us something to drink".

I said and walked over to the shelves with the drinks. Jungkook nodded his head before he watched me leave his side, turning his head back to the fruits. It was the next morning and we had decided to go out for grocery shopping. The drinks were a few shelves away so it was quite the distance between the two of us. When I stopped in front of the large choice of flavoured liquids, I figured that I would be spending more time deciding for one than I had thought. Even if I only wanted to take simple ones, there were other brands that seemed really interesting. I reached my hand out for a bottle but pulled it back, slightly frowning at the other drink. I spotted another flavour and reached out my hand, taking it before seeing another. I placed it back on the shelf and sighed deeply. Suddenly I felt a strong scent covering my surroundings, a scent so sweet and welcoming. My entire body stopped at its approach, wondering from where it came from.

The sensation of the scent doubled a few seconds later, sending a strange shiver down my spine. Next my legs became weaker before I lost the remaining control of my body. I ended up falling towards the drinks but managed to hold onto the shelf, dropping a few bottles in the process. My cheeks flushed a deep red and a warmth filled my abdomen.

"J-Jungkook".

Even though I tried to call for my alpha, my voice was too quiet for him to hear. My throat had dried as the words forced themselves out, my breathing becoming heavier. I mentally cursed at the fact that I was so far away from my alpha, closing my eyes as I tried to calm myself. Whatever was going on with me, it was caused by that unknown scent. It belonged to an alpha, an unmated alpha who had just entered the store. The alpha must be nearing me since the scent became stronger, telling me to quickly walk back to my alpha. I was basically panting quietly and finally realised what was happening with me. I was aroused by the strong scent, my body was ready to receive an alpha.

"(y/n)?".

I heard a familiar voice call my name, guessing that Jungkook was searching for me since I was absent for too long. I felt a wave of relief cross my mind before I heard footsteps walking my way. Then I heard footsteps coming from the other side as well, slightly confused about the whole situation. Two figures were approaching me from both sides, one of them being my alpha while the other one was unknown.

"(y/n)-".

A voice called before both figures suddenly stopped, the scene filled with silence. I opened my eyes and turned my head to my right, spotting Jungkook who was glaring at the person on the other side. I then slowly faced the other figure before my eyes widened. The only person I was hoping not to see while being with Jungkook, Jimin stood there with both eyes staring back at the angry alpha. I then turned my body around so that my back was leaning against the shelves as I observed the scene. At least now I knew the cause for my sudden weakness, it was Jimin's scent. Just like he had texted me, he would stop covering his scent. His statement seemed more believable now, wishing I had taken him seriously earlier. As I looked at both frozen bodies, I finally realised why they were keeping silent. They both must have been affected by the release of the sweet omega scent my body was producing.

Jungkook's breathing was slow but deep, guessing that he was more affected by me since I was his mate. His fierce orbs never left the other alpha, threatening to attack him any moment. Jimin seemed less affected but his own control was clearly leaving him slowly. It was a dangerous situation to be in, especially when I stood right between the two pissed alphas.