Chapter 13.1 : Timeless

So, yeah. I updated the entire story from here and hope that I won't have to deal with such a work again. Please, enjoy.

-

"Why is there another alpha's scent on you?".

It took me a short moment to observe his question before I felt my blood run cold. It was such an unexpected and scary question, something that would make a mated alpha only angrier. There could be no way for me to actually carry another alpha's scent since I didn't meet one. If I did come across one, I would have sensed him instantly. Confusion took over my mind before the alpha suddenly added.

"You didn't have it before. Tell me, (y/n), did you leave the house?".

That was it, the question I was unprepared for. While Jungkook's stare was boring burning holes into my skin, my mind began listing me possible outcomes, how this scene would take its turn.

1. Make up a lie and hope for the best.

2. Tell him the truth and deal with its consequences.

3. Keep silent and irritate him more.

I didn't have much time left to answer, seeing his patience clearly run shorter. I didn't want to tell him the truth since I thought back of his warning, when he told me not to leave the house. I was too scared to take this risk and keeping silent would make everything only worse. I could make up a lie but the panic in me wouldn't allow it to sound too convincing, not that I had much of a choice.

"I did not".

"Then explain me".

The alpha immediately replied, using his right hand to push me backwards over the mattress before he climbed on top slowly. The fall didn't hurt but his grip on my wrists did, causing me to hiss faintly. He placed my hands over my head and had both knees on either side of my waist, trapping me under his large body. All of this was the effect of being a mated alpha, getting too possessive and protective over their omegas. Alphas would see their mates as their properties and wouldn't allow anyone else to interact with them. Me wearing another alpha's scent was basically making him really furious, which was filling me with fear.

"I'm listening, (y/n)".

His voice maintained calm but it was also exposing the anger in it, an amount that I didn't like seeing in him. It was the same anger he showed towards doctor Park, which also reminded me of the fact that I could just tell him the truth and save myself from getting attacked in any way. His face was so close to mine, our noses almost touching while his hot breath was hitting the soft skin of my lips. As my body began to tremble, I turned my face to the side in order to refuse meeting his fierce eyes and replied with a really shaky voice.

"Okay, fine. I left the house".

"Why?".

"I had to go somewhere".

"Where?".

His dark eyes never stopped analysing my features as he took in my words and kept asking me, filling me with faint anxiety. There was no turning back now, I had to tell him everything in one go if I wanted to build a stronger bond between the two of us. We had to learn to trust each other and not keep anything to ourselves.

"I-I went to t-the hospital".

"Because?".

This time his voice revealed the extreme irritation he was feeling, telling me to hurry and explain everything. I inhaled deeply and closed my eyes before I replied.

"Because doctor Park wanted to see me".

An unsettling silence approached the room and filled me with more anxiety, until the alpha finally spoke.