Chapter 2.2 : Confessions

My breathing became faster, the closer he approached me and he looked very confident as his overwhelmingaura gave my chest a burn while my stomach was turning and twisting. It was then that I finally noticed that I was staring at the alpha too obviously since his eyes were also on mine. It was not like he wasn't allowed to stare at people, the issue was that he didn't stop staring. Those dark eyes and resolute features were representing a courageous and self-assured boy. He was well-built and his dark hair only added to his admirable face. Our staring contest kept going until he reached the position next to mine and eventually turned his head while walking past me to keep our gazes locked. I was doing the exact same thing of course and kept watching him until he took a turn and disappeared. The incident had driven me completely off that I didn't even observe Lucy who was now shaking me by my shoulders with both of her hands.

"Hey! I'm talking to you, (y/n)!".

I blinked my eyes once, twice before meeting her gaze and spoke.

"Who- what?".

-

Apparently, that strange boy was a 22 student and it was also his last year in this school. His name was 'John'-something 'Jancook'-something, I couldn't quite catch his name but didn't care much since I assured myself to keep an eye out for him and stay away from him as far as possible.

"No, but seriously. What was that all about?".

The sudden question made me choke on my sandwich and cough until my lungs caught air again.

"What?".

"Don't what me, (y/n). You know what I'm talking about".

"Oh, you mean the guy? Uh, nothing".

Lucy sighed before grabbing my sandwich and placing it down on the table. She took both my hands in her's and eyed me carefully.

"Listen (y/n), don't think I didn't notice. You acted so strange all of a sudden and you where literally-".

The school bell rang again, cutting off Lucy and for the second time, I was thankful. I quickly picked up my half-finished sandwich and set it in my breadbox, standing up and placing it inside my bag.

"Let's talk later, okay? We have courses and you know it's the first time I'm attending at art course".

"Fine, I'll let you get away for now but we will definitely continue this discussion later!".

I playfully rolled my eyes and we both hurried to our own classes. Our directions seperated after we quickly hugged each other but since her room was closer, I had to run in order to reach mine in time. I didn't want to make a first bad impression but fate had other plans. I mentally cursed at myself for being late, which meant that I had to enter the class room while everyone in there had already settled down and was quiet. And if a sound appeared in a quiet room, ordinarily everyone's attention would turn to the sound which, in that case, was me. I awkwardly stood at the door and tried to ignore all those stares that were thrown at me. I didn't dare to look around so I locked my eyes with the teacher's as she smiled at me.

"Hello there, young lady. A little late, aren't we?".

"I'm sorry".

"It's quite alright, we haven't started yet. Come and take a seat here please".

When she said 'here', she pointed at an empty chair on the rightmost of the room and without hesitation, I quickly made my way over the empty seat and sat down.

"I assume we can start now. My name's Ms. Young and I'm gonna be your art teacher for the rest of the year".

As I watched the old lady speak, I noticed her neck to be really sweaty. It was autumn so I wondered why she could be sweating so much since her sweat was literally flowing down her skin. The fact that I forgot to use my cream again flashed before my eyes. Though, I was not 20 yet, it was making me paranoid and only hoped for this room to be filled with betas.