I smiled. “Brilliant. Thanks, bye.”

I hung up.

Mark stared at me. “You have an evil glint in your eyes.” He stated.

“Is that even a shock for you?” I laughed wickedly.

“What’s the plan?”

“Get the manager of that fast food chain to hire me as a waitress or what. Pay him the right amount.” I ordered.

“Sometimes, I wonder how I could put up with your antics.” He muttered.

“Because you love me.”

He rolled his eyes.

“Just get the job done.” I ordered.

3 days later…

“So is the job done?” I asked Mark as he walked into my room.

“Yup. The manager was beyond amazed at the amount I paid him.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Anyway, I want to start working next week. No need for salary or the manager can give mine to Liam.”

“I think you would end up wounding his ego.”

“Why?”

“It’s just like a girl and a guy going on a date…you would end up wounding his ego if you paid for the food.”

“Fine, the manager can do whatever he wants with the money.”

He nodded.

“So I’m going to school now. Lock the door when you leave.”

I went out of my room. Yes, I trusted my servants that much that I don’t feel the need to lock my room to avoid theft.

The drive to school was a short one. I almost came late though. It was the second bell when I walked into my first class, gym. My eyes met Liam’s. But I averted my gaze and join the others in playing volleyball. Minutes before the bell rung, the gym instructor called our attention and told us to take a seat on the benches.

I sat on the bench beside Liam. The teacher started talking.

“So this Saturday, our class would have an educational trip.”

One student raised his hand. “Where?”

“Wait for it…the beach!”

Excited outbursts were heard in the whole gym. I remained silent. What’s so exciting about the beach anyway? We always go to popular beaches around the world every summer anyway.

“You guys might be wondering why we chose the beach for this educational trip. Well, I had a talk with the other gym instructors and we all thought that if we went to the beach, we could do a lot of physical activities. More than that, students would surely enjoy the trip. But first, I’m going to give you forms. You need to ask your parents or guardian to sign the form that says they allow you to go to this trip.” The gym instructor explained as he handed us forms.

Liam was obviously pretending that I don’t exist so I was avoiding him too. But I could feel the tension between us. I told myself not to glance at him and just when I was getting tempted to look, a loud sound startled me.

Just in time, the bell rung. “So that’s it. Class dismissed.”

We went off our separate ways but not before I glanced at Liam who caught my eyes.

Wait, he wouldn’t catch my eyes if he wasn’t staring at me too, right? Oh…so what do we have here, Mr. Bad Boy was definitely staring at me before I even stared at him. I smiled at the thought.