Chapter 9

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Welcome one and all the chapter nine. Alright sorry, I'm a little late, but here we go.

If you like my work please vote, feel free to comment, and share this story with your friends. I now present to you chapter 9. Enjoy.

After close to fifteen minutes Ash, Serena, and Isla arrived at the gym, all panting heavily. Ash took a knee and lowered Serena off his back. One thing that Isla neglected to mention was that the only way they would make it in time was to sprint. Serena sadly wasn't able to keep up. She told Ash to keep going and that she would catch up, but he wasn't going to leave her behind. He told her to climb onto his back, and he carried her the rest of the way, and was still able to keep up with Isla.

"I still...can't believe.....you were able.....to keep up," Isla said as she tried to catch her breath.

"Same here. I told you to leave me, I would have caught up," Serena added.

"No way.....I'll never leave you behind.......besides, that was a great workout.....after being stuck......on that plane all day......it felt great to stretch my legs," Ash replied.

"Well if you two are done, let's get inside. The gym will be closing soon and my dad is pretty strict on opening and closing time," said Isla.

The gym was large, and looked like a medieval castle, with a set of double doors in the middle of the front. Isla walked up to the double doors and pushed them open. The inside wasn't very decorated, in fact it was just plain stone. The only decorations being the symbols of every Pokémon type along the walls, and on the wall on the gym leaders side of the battlefield was a golden symbol Ash had seen before, but was struggling to remember from where.

 The only decorations being the symbols of every Pokémon type along the walls, and on the wall on the gym leaders side of the battlefield was a golden symbol Ash had seen before, but was struggling to remember from where

Inside there were multiple Pokémon all over the place cleaning up. There were a multitude of Pokémon sweeping, and behind them there were water types using water gun on the ground and then moping. On the gym leaders side, there was a Dragonite carrying a box, as well as a muscular, middle aged man, wearing jeans and a red tee shirt also carrying a box.

"DADDY, IM BACK!" Isla yelled.

The man stopped in his tracks and looked over to the group. He then put the box down and started walking over.

"Isla where have you been? You were just supposed to pick up your Pokédex and then come back. Dragonite had to finish helping me pack," Isla's father said as he continued to walk over.

"I know I'm sorry, but there was trouble at Professor Pine's lab. Some crooks were trying to steal the new Pokédex," Isla explained.

"Ok fine. Atleast your late for a good reason," Her father replied as he arrived at them.

"And I brought you your final challenger," Isla said gesturing to Ash.

"Isla," her father groaned.