Fairies

It's ya boi, back from the dead sorta. So I turned 18 today (wooo) and I got tickets to see Bastille in glasgow!!! Ahhhhhh!!! I can't wait 😂 but yeah here's a kinda shite chapter
Should probs add that uni is stressful which is why I haven't written in decades

~ Charlie ~

The Christmas season has just begun, three days a week you now have to dress up as a fairy to go to work. At least they have changing rooms at work, or that would be an embarrassing train ride. Working in the Christmas section in the theme park has its plus, you get to see kids smile and be completely amazed by 'magic'. The downside is men are asking when you get off your shift. Constantly. That's until the wife/girlfriend shows up and suddenly he's no longer interested.

You sigh in relief as you watch the remainder of the public leave the theme park, closing time. Except there is a small girl dragging her, what you assume, father in your direction. As they draw closer, you can hear the man quietly scolding the girl before straightening up and giving you a small smile.

"Hi! Are you really a fairy?" The small girl asks.

"Yes! Do you not believe me?" I ask with a small pout. She shakes her head, I look up to the man who is shaking his head, clearly embarrassed. "Why not?"

"Because you're tall. Fairies are meant to be small." She whispers, showing with her hands how small a fairy should be.

"But I'm not like other fairies. The other fairies have to work to keep the kingdom running, but I was specifically chosen to take on a role here, in the human world, to make everyone happy." I smile.

"Can you make daddy happy?"

"I am so sorry for her behaviour." The man eventually speaks, he seems nervous.

"He hasn't been happy ever since-"

"Olivia! Sorry about this, we're going to get going now." He smiles politely, pulling the protesting child with him. You simply shrug it off and walk to the staff room to collect your things and leave.

~*~*~*~*

Being set up on a blind date would be fun they said. You will love him they said.

He still hasn't appeared. Twenty minutes late. You quietly sigh, drinking the remainder of your soda and lime before getting up and heading in the direction of the door.

"He didn't show up." You whisper over the phone to your friend, who had set up this date.

"Seriously?!" She shouts.

"Yeah." You reply. She then continues to go on a long rant about how she'll kill him when she sees him next. You quietly walk the streets, listening to her ranting. You are quick to find the local Chinese take away and enter. It's silent so your order is placed quickly. Within a few minutes a man, fairly dressed up appears. He too orders and sits down. "Look, I don't care. He didn't show up, last time I'm going on a date." Your friend wasn't that happy, hanging up immediately after you say that. The man beside me quietly laughs.

"Guess we both have the same bad luck." He mumbles. I turn to look at him, quickly recognising him from a few nights ago. He doesn't recognise me so it's fine.

"Your date didn't show up?" You whisper. He shakes his head.

"Yeah, she just never appeared. Maybe she didn't like the idea of me having a kid." He shrugs.

"Olivia?" You whisper.

"How do you know my daughters name?" He replies.

"I'm a fairy, I know everything." You whisper. Realisation quickly strikes him, his face turning a slight pink.

"I'm sorry about her behaviour the other day." He mumbles. You shake your head, giving him a light pat on the shoulder.

"It's fine, I get worse." You whisper. Your order is called and you get up to collect it. "You want to eat at mine? Couple minutes walk down the road." The man nods, with a small smile. His food is called and he gets up to collect it.

"I'm Charlie by the way."

"Y/N."