Autumn Leaves

~ Will ~

It's always an interesting story to tell everyone how you actually met Will. Sometimes you both make up crazy stories but the original story is quite interesting.

"So, how did you guys really meet?" Your coworker asks. You sit for a minute and decide to tell the real story or not.

"Okay, I'll tell you how we really met." You sigh casting your mind back about seven years ago.

Your PoV (seven years ago)

Just another Autumn day. As usual, you take a long walk in the park to relax yourself before a day of stress at work. It had been raining the night before and had continued until the early hours of the morning, the path still not dry. Not like it mattered because the path is littered with leaves, dry and wet. You wish you weren't over confident about not slipping on the wet leaves when you begin to fall backwards after slipping. You brace yourself for impact only to get caught by a pair of arms. You open your eyes slowly as you get placed back on your feet. You turn to see who saved you to see a man slightly taller than you, smiling.

"You could say you fell for me." He winks. You weren't too sure how to reply to this so you continued to stare at him. "Sorry, I'm William Farquarson, a wonderful gentleman who rescues women slipping on leaves on a daily basis."

"Y/N, a girl that often slips on leaves." You smile back.

"Would you like me to accompany you to get coffee so you do not slip on another leaf?" Will asks you.

"That would be lovely." You grin. He holds out his arm and you link yours with his.

Your PoV (now)

"Seriously?!" Your coworker shouts and you nod. "Wow, I guess I need to slip on leaves."

"I don't recommend it." You laugh.