July 14th

Would very much like to thank Woody for this photo

~ Dan ~
Dan's PoV

The sound of quiet giggles wakes me up, but it's too bright to open my eyes to find the location of where the giggling is coming from. It's soon known when someone jumps onto my bed.

"Hey Danny." I hear Y/N giggle, lightly pressing her lips to mine. I open one of my eyes and give her a small smile. "Happy birthday." She whispers.

"Thanks." I mumble, sitting up and stretching, only for it to be ruined by a tight hug. "I was stretching!"

"But it's your birthday!" Y/N whines back. I roll my eyes and pry her off and get up. Y/N is quick to follow, pushing past me to run through to the front room first.

"Remind me to take away your keys to my apartment." I mumble, seeing all of the banners scattered around the apartment. "When did you do all of this anyway?" I ask, walking into the front room to see it completed decorated with banners and confetti.

"This morning." Y/N shrugs.

"Didn't hear you come in." I sigh, sitting down and pick up a bit of the 'Happy Birthday' confetti. "You're cleaning this up afterwards you know."

"I know." She whispers. "You like it though?" Nobody's really gone to this much effort for my birthday since I was ten...

"I do, thanks." I smile. "I really appreciate the effort you put into this, it's actually a bit nostalgic." I laugh, taking a good look around the room. I spot the two balloons in the corner... has my age...

"I'm sorry if it's a bit much. Kyle said you were away from home last year on your birthday and you don't really celebrate it all big and fancy so I kind of flipped it around." Y/N explains.

"No, I really appreciate it." I smile. Y/N slowly smiles before getting up quickly.

"Presents?"

"I think breakfast first."