Ghost?

~ Will ~

You currently live alone in your house, which is located just outside of London in the countryside. Not too far away from the city but far enough away to keep you away from the busy roads and noise.

"Hey Will?" You mumble over the phone, trying to keep as quiet as possible.

"Yeah?" He replies.

"Can you come over like, right now?" You ask him. Another thud comes from your attic, before the scratching noises start again. "I think I have a ghost."

"Don't be ridiculous Y/N." Will yawns. He doesn't believe in paranormal stuff, claims it's absolute bullshit.

"Will, please, I'm scared." You whisper. He sighs, giving in and hangs up. The scratching from the attic continues, making you hide further under your blankets for safety.

Will arrives eventually as the noises in the attic start getting worse. He is quick to find you under the piles of blankets.

"It's probably just a rat or something." He whispers. "Come on, let's go look?" Your protests are ignored as he slowly pulls you up and takes you to the hallway. He places the ladders underneath the hatch and slowly climbs up, pushing the hatch open. His phone brightens up the dark attic and he climbs in. "Can't see anything!" Yet, the scratching continues. You hear him mumble something before he appears again, climbing down the ladders. "It's just a squirrel."

"Just a squirrel?!" You shout. "Yes because that's a normal thing to be in my attic!" Will just shrugs, laughing.

"Look, I'll stay the night if that makes you feel better. We can then call someone in the morning to get rid of it yeah?"

"Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fun inspiration fact : I wrote this chapter when I found out that my uncle once went up into my grans attic only to get attacked by a squirrel that was living in my aunts cello 😂