43. Reactions

Khushi

Mom and I went to the hospital after Adi left for the office. I was a nervous wreck. I didn't know what would I do if Adi didn't want to have kids just yet. I mean we have been married for only a few months.

But I am sure for one thing that if there is a child, he is going to be loved like no other. I am going to make sure that he is the happiest child. I will protect my child from every evil.

Mom did my pregnancy test and we waited for the reports in her office. My leg was moving up and down in anticipation of the results.

"Khushu, calm down sweetie. It's going to be good news. Why are you so worked up? Don't you want children?" She asked, frowning.

"No, mom. Why would you think so? Of course, I want children. I love them so much. I am just nervous to know what is going to be Adi's reaction, he will be happy or not." Mom started laughing at my answer. I frowned and raised a brow at her.

"You are joking, right? Don't tell me you guys never discussed kids. What? No?" She looked at me horrified as I shook my head.

"Okay. So then your reaction is quite legit. Go back to your nervous self. I won't stop you now."

"You are not helping mom." I scoffed and rested my head in my hands.

"Khushu, look at me." After I looked at her, she continued, "Everything will be fine. Adi is going to be happy being a father. You have seen it yourself how much he love kids. Stop stressing yourself." I nodded my head and wrapped my arms around her stomach. She kissed my hair.

"Do you want anything to eat? You didn't eat in the morning." She asked, caressing my face. I shook my head.

"I am not hungry at all. I will eat only after everything gets settled." I muttered and just then someone knocked at the door. My heart was beating frantically inside my chest. A nurse came inside and handed a folder to mom. I closed my eyes and waited for mom to read the results.

"Khushu." I opened my eyes to see mom's eyes filled with tears. My own eyes filled with tears as I judged what was the result.

"You are... Two weeks pregnant," Mom spoke with tears in her eyes and hugged me tightly.

"I am so happy. I am going to be a grandma. Oh my God!" Mom exclaimed happily. I kept a hand on my stomach as tears continued to flow from my eyes.

I am going to be a mother. There is mine and Adi's part growing inside my womb. Our child.

I hugged mom tightly as we both cried our hearts out in joy.

"Mom, I am going to be a mother." I giggled and cried at the same time.

"Yes. Yes. Khushi. You are going to be a mother." She exclaimed happily.

"Mom, how will I tell Adi? I am so scared. I don't know. How will he react? What if he is not ready?" I started breathing heavily.

"Relax. Take deep breaths." She rubbed my back and I took deep breaths to calm myself down.

"First of all, we are going home and you are eating something, then we will decide everything else. Ok?" I nodded.

"Now, Go outside and wait for me at the reception, I will just come after checking a patient of mine." I nodded at her. She went to check on her patient while I went outside and sat on one of the chairs in the waiting area. I saw a beautiful lady with a huge pregnant belly entering through the door. My mouth went dry looking at her. I am going to look the same in a few months time.

She caught me staring at her and I immediately turned my head away feeling embarrassed.

"Hi," I heard her chirpy voice as she sat beside me.