17. Together forever

Aditya

"Adi?" She called my name and I looked at her after sending Abhi to tell mom that we wanted to eat.

"I love you." She said softly, making my heart flutter in my chest. I don't think there will ever be a day when it will not make me feel fuzzy.

"I love you more, baby," I said with a foolish grin. She was feeling tired and it was written all over her face and on top of that, she was carrying the weight of her jewellery and the dress. If it was in my hand, I would have married her in PJs. At least she would have been comfortable in them. Although she looked beautiful in everything she wore.

"Guys, come. Everything is arranged." Abhi came to call us after a few minutes.

"Ok." I held Khushi's hand to help her walk with her dress.

"Finally, I get to eat something." She sighed.

"You could have said something before, sweetheart." I frowned at her.

"I know but there were so many guests wanting to meet us. How could I just stand up and say sorry peeps, I am hungry so I am going. Toodles!" She said, making me laugh.

"You are one madwoman." She chuckled with me. We walked to the dining area and I pulled a chair for her to sit. Everyone else in our family also joined us at the table to eat dinner. Seeing so much food in front of me, I also became hungry.

"Aditya, why don't you feed Khushi with your own hands?" Abhi suggested with a smirk.

"Oh, good idea. Adi, you are going to feed Khushi with your own hands." Mom said from the opposite side of our table and turned away to talk to other guests before hearing my reply. I shrugged my shoulders in response and looked at Khush. She smiled awkwardly at me. She wasn't much comfortable with Public Display of Affection (PDA) and almost all of our family members were there.

"It's okay. Do it." She whispered to me. I smiled, filled the spoon with rice and forwarded it to her mouth. She savoured it with closed eyes.

Awe, my foodie, baby! She looked so cute while eating. I looked around and saw all my friends looking at me weirdly. Creeps!!!

"Guys, keep doing that. I don't give a damn." I said sarcastically and they all started looking here and there. Khush forwarded the morsel to my mouth, ignoring the suggestive stares of our friends. I intentionally bit her finger lightly. She glared at me and gestured me to behave. All the other couples were also eating from each other's plates. Avni and Abhi were busy passing each other secret glances. I chuckled at their behaviour.

A server brought the sweet dishes, one of which was a chocolate chip ice cream. It was Khushi's favourite. She looked at me with an irresistible puppy face and a pout. I picked the bowl of ice cream from the table and her smile widened.

"Oh, sweet Jesus! This is yum." She moaned at the taste of ice cream. I grunted in response. Why did she always have to moan?

We were eating, talking and smiling to ourselves, not bothering about anyone else.

"It's so heartwarming to finally see you with someone, Aditya. We are just so happy to see you in love. I mean the guy who was all serious and focused on his studies and business, it's like a visual treat to see him fulfilling someone's demands and that too this lovingly." Mike commented on my changed behaviour and my friends nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, mate. But this is just because of this girl beside me." I held Khushi's hand and kissed it lovingly. She smiled at me shyly.

After we had dinner, we all went towards the mandap ( setup for marriage) area. Most of the guests had already left, only the relatives and close friends were present to see the pheras (seven circles around a holy fire) In our ritual, there was this silly tradition that the groom's mother was not allowed to see the pheras so my mom left for the house after blessing both me and Khushi.