21. Drunk in love

Aditya

She ran to the bathroom with the sheets tied securely around her body. I laughed at her cute antics. Last night, she was just everything- a dream come true, so passionate and yet so innocent. It was the most beautiful experience of my life.

I wore my PJs and went outside to get my morning intake of caffeine. Mom and dad were sitting in the lounge area, sipping their morning tea. When they saw me, they stopped talking and smirked at me. Was it written over my face?

"Did you sleep well, Adi? You look a bit tired. You guys didn't come for dinner either." Mom asked faking a serious face. My eyes widened and I cleared my throat hiding my embarrassment. Why did my parents have to know everything?

"Yeah... yeah. Why won't I sleep well? I slept absolutely fine. We were not hungry last night. And I am not tired. Not at all." I stuttered, clearing my throat. They were trying hard to stifle their laughter.

"I'll go make coffee," I mumbled and hastily ran to the kitchen, to save myself from more embarrassment. I made coffee for both of us and took the mugs in a tray to go to our room. I peeked outside in the hall and thankfully, mom and dad were no longer there.

I went to our room and placed the mugs on the balcony table, waiting for Khushi to come out of the shower. In the meantime, I went through my work emails. After some time, Khushi came out looking fresh and gorgeous wearing a grey-white saree.

 After some time, Khushi came out looking fresh and gorgeous wearing a grey-white saree

"You look beautiful, my love," I said, wrapping my arms around her.

"Thank you, " She said smiling and caressed my cheek. I took her hand and kissed her palm. She blushed slightly.

"I made coffee for you," I held her hand and took her to the balcony.
She was about to sit on the chair but I pulled her on my lap, making her gasp in surprise.

"I could have fallen, Adi." She scolded me widening her eyes.

"I would never let you fall, baby," I said winking at her. She giggled at my cheesiness and kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes feeling content at her touch.

"Tell me, how is it?" I handed her the coffee mug and waited for her reaction. She moaned as she took the first sip.

"Adi, it's so good. I didn't know my husband could make barista level coffee."

"Don't make such noises. I am already having a hard time controlling myself." I said keeping my head on her shoulder. Her eyes widened and she whacked me lightly on the chest.

"You are being so..."

"Tell me. I am being so...?" I teased, winking at her.